LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets say given the same amount of power and same size ported box. which would you say would be louder. i know the brahma will sound better but will it also be louder? i'm kinda leaning on the brahma but just want suggestions. don't know what amp i will be using yet. i'll be giving it between 1200 rms - 2000 rms. depending how much i can give them. second they'll be going in an expedition. might just get one in a pretty big ported box or two in a small ported box. thanks

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
doesnt matter really, any 15 in a expedition will be pretty loud, takes air to move a speaker, an SUV is 70% air and 30% steel.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO YOUR SAYING THE L7 WILL BE LOUDER BUT THE BRAHMA WILL SOUND BETTER. RIGHT? THE BRAHMA IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE MORE POWER. I THINK 1600 RMS. WHERE THE KICKER I THINK IS 750 RMS. IS THIS RIGHT? CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
right so far. brhma is a small enclosure sub for tight nice bass.
l7 is a large ported enclosure subs for loud pure bass

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
ya, THe l7 will get loud when burped but im not sure how well they will do with the 1200 watts rms. The brahma will probably be able to get just as loud when burped also. But i feel the the brahma will be more dependable than the l7 for daily use. But if you are just looking for spl i would look at some different subs.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Dec 10 2003, 06:57 PM
uhhh excuse me, but i saw two 15" brahmas whip the shit out of two 15" L7s in a show once :p
excuse me well i saw 1 8 l7 whip the shit out of a12 brahma at a show once. There has also been a single 10 DD sub that whipped the shit out of the 2 brahmas. Its all about the install.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacdeville+Dec 10 2003, 07:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (91lacdeville @ Dec 10 2003, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Stealth@Dec 10 2003, 06:57 PM
uhhh excuse me, but i saw two 15" brahmas whip the shit out of two 15" L7s in a show once :p
excuse me well i saw 1 8 l7 whip the shit out of a12 brahma at a show once. There has also been a single 10 DD sub that whipped the shit out of the 2 brahmas. Its all about the install.[/b][/quote]
L7s are overrated. i'm sure you'll agree that in their PERFECT ENCLOSURE, the Brahma will pound circles around the L7.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are both good subs. but im gonna go with the kickers even though i was leaning on the brahmas. kicker l7 15" $230 vrs brahma 15" i think was like $400 mabey a little less. the l7's in my oppinion pound nice and the sq ain't nearly as good as brahmas but it aint to bad either.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by jt0626@Dec 11 2003, 07:21 PM
they are both good subs. but im gonna go with the kickers even though i was leaning on the brahmas. kicker l7 15" $230 vrs brahma 15" i think was like $400 mabey a little less. the l7's in my oppinion pound nice and the sq ain't nearly as good as brahmas but it aint to bad either.
also look into the re se's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts