LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they make something that will stop bkake dust from getting on my rim???? b/c i am really getting pissed when my back rims still look clean and my front ones are dirty a f*@k

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I used to have those cheap as brake pads from autozone but got tired of cleaning my wheels in the morning and by the afternoon they were dirty again.So I went NAPA and got the best brake pads they had so now I can drive for a whole week and you can berely see the brake dust building up. :cheesy: :) :cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Unless you have anti-lock brakes. I put ceramic brakes on my car and what a waste of money. Because ceramic brakes want to lock up and ABS keeps the brakes FROM locking up, they grind like crazy. Pain in my ass so I had to chuck 'em after a couple of months. Now, I'm afraid I have to use regular Raybestos and keep my wheels as clean as possible.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
you can get some brake dust covers they work pretty good the only thing is they make nosie when you HOP i dont know were you live but in the midwest you can get them at auto zone or pep boys

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by C10@Nov 14 2003, 03:02 PM
ya the only thing ya can do is upgrade to better brakes.
;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by chevybubble@Nov 15 2003, 01:57 AM
you can get some brake dust covers they work pretty good the only thing is they make nosie when you HOP i dont know were you live but in the midwest you can get them at auto zone or pep boys
I drive my car a little too much for those. Since they block much of the air that cools your brakes, a lot of them cause your brakes to overheat. And besides, some of them make your wires look like hubcaps.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I got my brake pads from pepboys they are call quitestop they cost around $60 but i get little to no brake dust on my rims..just my two

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Nov 14 2003, 02:45 PM
I used to have those cheap as brake pads from autozone but got tired of cleaning my wheels in the morning and by the afternoon they were dirty again.So I went NAPA and got the best brake pads they had so now I can drive for a whole week and you can berely see the brake dust building up. :cheesy: :) :cool:
Yeah, the cheap pads at AutoZone will throw dust like a motherfucker, lol (I used to sell them). Go withthe better ones AutoZone has or the premium ones at any other auto parts. I guess thats what you get when you buy cheap. :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC+Nov 15 2003, 08:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BROWN SOCIETY CC @ Nov 15 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Baller 82cutlass@Nov 14 2003, 02:45 PM
I used to have those cheap as brake pads from autozone but got tired of cleaning my wheels in the morning and by the afternoon they were dirty again.So I went NAPA and got the best brake pads they had so now I can drive for a whole week and you can berely see the brake dust building up. :cheesy:  :)  :cool:
Yeah, the cheap pads at AutoZone will throw dust like a motherfucker, lol (I used to sell them). Go withthe better ones AutoZone has or the premium ones at any other auto parts. I guess thats what you get when you buy cheap. :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
god damn it i just bought some from autozone they were $12.99 but i haven't put them on :angry:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC+Nov 15 2003, 04:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BROWN SOCIETY CC @ Nov 15 2003, 04:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Baller 82cutlass@Nov 14 2003, 02:45 PM
I used to have those cheap as brake pads from autozone but got tired of cleaning my wheels in the morning and by the afternoon they were dirty again.So I went NAPA and got the best brake pads they had so now I can drive for a whole week and you can berely see the brake dust building up. :cheesy:  :)  :cool:
Yeah, the cheap pads at AutoZone will throw dust like a motherfucker, lol (I used to sell them). Go withthe better ones AutoZone has or the premium ones at any other auto parts. I guess thats what you get when you buy cheap. :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Yep the brake pads cost me $80 dollars at NAPA but I dont regret it cause they work.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i know that my brake pads work now b/c some bitch cut me off today and now my car is totalled....which really fucking sucks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by JonnyBoy_64@Nov 16 2003, 02:08 AM
well i know that my brake pads work now b/c some bitch cut me off today and now my car is totalled....which really fucking sucks
so i guess brake dust isn't such a problem now :tears:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by JonnyBoy_64+Nov 16 2003, 01:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonnyBoy_64 @ Nov 16 2003, 01:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JonnyBoy_64@Nov 16 2003, 02:08 AM
so i guess brake dust isn't such a problem now :tears:[/b][/quote]
Dam that sucks homie :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Nov 16 2003, 02:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Nov 16 2003, 02:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2003, 01:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JonnyBoy_64
@Nov 16 2003, 02:08 AM

so i guess brake dust isn't such a problem now :tears:
Dam that sucks homie :([/b][/quote]
tell me about it i just started to re-do my interior with crushed velvet and today when i was going to work some bitch just thought she would try me and cut me off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts