LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHEN EVER I LOCK IT UP WEATHER FRONT OR BACK THE BRAKE PEDAL WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE GROUND AND I HAVE TO PUMP IT A FEW TIMES FOR IT TO COME BACK , THE WEIRD PART IS THAT IT DOESENT DO IT ALL THE TIME , I HAVE BLEED THE SYSTEM , I WAS THINKING OF REPLACING THE BRAKE BOOSTER , ANY BODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ??

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Mar 2 2010, 01:13 PM~16771280
maybe you are stretching your rubber brake lines... did you ever check that?
fuck yeah, did you swap out your old lines when you juices it? Don't fuck around with breaks, you will kill someone.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Mar 2 2010, 11:13 AM~16771280
maybe you are stretching your rubber brake lines... did you ever check that?
THEY ARE UN HOOKED FROM THAT MOUNTING BRACKET , IF THATS WHAT YOU MEAN ?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Airborne@Mar 2 2010, 11:44 AM~16771527
fuck yeah, did you swap out your old lines when you juices it? Don't fuck around with breaks, you will kill someone.
SHOULD I SWAP THEM OUT FOR LONGER ONES ?? OR JUST NEW ONES ?

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by JUARITOS@Mar 2 2010, 01:50 PM~16771598
SHOULD I SWAP THEM OUT FOR LONGER ONES ?? OR JUST NEW ONES ?
I imagine longer and new would be a good idea. Put your car at normal ride height, take a look an the break lines then lock it up and compare. you don't want any real pull on the lines.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Airborne@Mar 2 2010, 01:49 PM~16772697
I imagine longer and new would be a good idea. Put your car at normal ride height, take a look an the break lines then lock it up and compare. you don't want any real pull on the lines.
THANKS HOMIE I WILL TRY THAT OUT THIS WEAKEND BEFORE I KILL SOME ONE OR JUST PLAIN WRECK MY RIDE LOL :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
yah man, I replaced mine once i bagged my ride... all that movement plus them being 50 yrs old kinda prompted me to change em out. But thats what I would guess the problem is since its only when you're locked up

·
Registered
571 Posts
Originally posted by JUARITOS@Mar 2 2010, 09:49 AM~16771110
WHEN EVER I LOCK IT UP WEATHER FRONT OR BACK THE BRAKE PEDAL WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE GROUND AND I HAVE TO PUMP IT A FEW TIMES FOR IT TO COME BACK , THE WEIRD PART IS THAT IT DOESENT DO IT ALL THE TIME , I HAVE BLEED THE SYSTEM , I WAS THINKING OF REPLACING THE BRAKE BOOSTER , ANY BODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ??
i have had the same exact problem i have installed longer the brake lines front and back and went thru several masterclyinders rear wheel cly are new pads /shoes ???? let me know :biggrin:

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by JUARITOS@Mar 2 2010, 10:49 AM~16771110

New longer hose is 18.75" long. Just get a hose for a late 90's chevy S10 with 4 wheel drive. It'll be about $15. You can run a lot of coil in the back with 14's and still not stetch it all the way ;) . oh and you can put the hold down bolt back in too so the lines aren't just loose back there.

old line after it ripped and caused me to blow through an intersection with new one under it.

new line installed

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Stock front lines are 12.25in long. I had some made around 14in (I think). Don't remember the exact length, but they were a tad too long, and ran me about $30.00 for the front.

·
Registered
795 Posts
noob like me wouldnt have thought of this,when the time comes to juice my ride.... good info...

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by CRAZY_NDN604@Mar 3 2010, 06:17 AM~16781366
noob like me wouldnt have thought of this,when the time comes to juice my ride.... good info...
it took me being in my friends nissan in like 93 or so when his brakes went on vacation to figure it out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Mar 3 2010, 05:17 AM~16781782
it took me being in my friends nissan in like 93 or so when his brakes went on vacation to figure it out.
:wow:
thank god for old ass riders :cheesy: serio.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Yeah amen to that :uh: This is good Info to know..I too found this out the hard way on my Sonoma when i locked up the front end and snapped the brake line at an intersection in the "D" and Damn near cause a wreck :wow: Not to mention scared the fucking shit outta me. I Fixed that problem real quick ;)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Mar 3 2010, 03:28 PM~16786668
Man, I am 33 fucking years old!
again thanks to all you old riders :cool: no hate. get that straight... dont be afraid to be a oldie to us here. :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
cut a hole on the floor board and use your feet.. didn't you learn anything ur childhood

·
Registered
632 Posts
Originally posted by 78paco@Mar 4 2010, 02:14 AM~16792101
cut a hole on the floor board and use your feet.. didn't you learn anything ur childhood
yabba dabba do n*gga :rofl:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts