LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my break pedals firm until u turn engine on?..what do i have to do got a new master so im kinda confused.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Oct 31 2007, 11:23 PM~9127754
Das how dey sposed to be holmes.

to the floor..?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
First of all you need to tell everything in the first post.

Yeah based on what you say, that is how it is supposed to be. Have you tried adjusting the rear drum brakes? What kinf of car is this on? Does it have drums all the way around? If so, then adjust them all!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
when your engine is off and you press the brake pedal repeatadly they will become "hard" lol... they will stay up they wont go down.. but when u turn the car on it will move with ease because of the vacumm to is connected from the engine to the brake booster

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by abas_abas@Nov 1 2007, 12:36 PM~9131053
when your engine is off and you press the brake pedal repeatadly they will become "hard" lol... they will stay up they wont go down.. but when u turn the car on it will move with ease because of the vacumm to is connected from the engine to the brake booster

it goes to the floor when the motors on and all i did was replace master cylinder... :cool: its on a g body thats why i ask...

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Nov 1 2007, 03:13 PM~9133411
it goes to the floor  when the motors on and  all i did was replace master cylinder... :cool: its on a g body thats why i ask...
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder and bleed the brakes when you installed it?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 1 2007, 06:16 PM~9133438
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder and bleed the brakes when you installed it?
X2. You gotta bench bleed it bro. Your Air BOund. Take it out and start over. You'll never pump the air out of it by bleeding the brakes. Thats just for the lines..

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 1 2007, 05:16 PM~9133438

put the lines in the master cylinder...than pump ..thats how u bleed the master cylinder?..]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Nov 1 2007, 07:02 PM~9134173
put the lines in the master cylinder...than pump ..thats how u bleed the master cylinder?..]
each wheel cylinder has a bleeder....have someone pump the brake a few times...hold it down..and open the bleeder till nothing but fluid comes out...repeat on the other 3 wheel cylinders..make sure u refill the master cylinder and check it after u bleed each one

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
18,283 Posts
The master cylinder needs to be bled alone without the booster. It also needs to be level. When it is on the car, it is usually at an angle. If it is at an angle, you may not be able to remove all the air from the fluid. :( Take the master cylinder out and bench bleed it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 2 2007, 06:05 PM~9142010
The master cylinder needs to be bled alone without the booster.  It also needs to be level.  When it is on the car, it is usually at an angle.  If it is at an angle, you may not be able to remove all the air from the fluid. :(  Take the master cylinder out and bench bleed it.  :biggrin:
ill hit the switch ill make it level.... :cool:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 2 2007, 09:05 PM~9142010
The master cylinder needs to be bled alone without the booster.  It also needs to be level.  When it is on the car, it is usually at an angle.  If it is at an angle, you may not be able to remove all the air from the fluid. :(  Take the master cylinder out and bench bleed it.  :biggrin:
or just bleed it from the line?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts