LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1984 olds cutlass with a 3 pump set up 14`s in the rear and 8`s up front some time when i go to hit the brakes the pedal gose to the floor i let off and push again and they work fine or it happens sometimes when i stop while i am turning help

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
yup as above, you have air in your lines which compresses the first time you hit the pedal, meaning the fluid isnt pressing the pads/shoes against the rotor/hub, the second time you hit it the air is already compressed so you get 'some' movement at the brakes but no where near enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see before i put the hydros on the car i never had this problem then about 2 weeks after is when it started i changed all the brake lines pads rotors and even the master cyld. i even tryed to rebleed the system

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
you probably ended up with a pin hole somewhere.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
is the ft chained?????? if it is i have seen when you turn the chain mounts push on the caliper and compress it then you have to pump the pedal to get the brakes to work again????? if not chained........ dunno :dunno:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
lock up the ass and see if it stresses the soft line to the axle ...

and well might as well do the same with the front while your at it ...

also you ran new lines you said ... could you have a loose union somewhere .. in those hardline (if you used multiple lines)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
and are your brake lines routed clear of heat sources ... like headers mufflers ...collector gaskets....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.