LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 53 Chevy and when I step on the brakes it tends to pull to the right. I replaced the whole brake system but it keeps pulling to the right when I brake. Any suggestions please advise.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 53 Chevy and when I step on the brakes it tends to pull to the right. I replaced the whole brake system but it keeps pulling to the right when I brake. Any suggestions please advise.......
Honestly bro, just switch to disc brakes. I chased my tail with the same problem with my 65 and never fixed it until I did the disc brake conversion.

·
Registered
1955 Chevy 1st Series 3100 5 window truck, 5.3L Vortec Swap and 4L60E, 3:90 gears.
1 Posts
Sounds like they need to be adjusted, one sided tighter than the other

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you replace the brake hoses? The inner brake hoses can deteriorate and act like a flapper valve not allowing the brake fluid to pass through to the brake cylinder, thus having no braking on that side. This can also act in reverse which would make the car pull when you take your foot off the brake because it will not let the brake fluid return to the master cylinder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all hi there and congrats on ur ranfla homie. To me it sounds like either needs bleeding or the propitiation valve on the booster is not working properly. I suggest checking those two areas and also are u keeping the brakes in the stock or have u upgraded them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts