LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

braking problem

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  fuwad85 
#1 ·
whenever i brake my 64 is kind of hard to control....i pulls to left and sometimes to the right....i have drums all the way around.....what could couse this.....thanks

#3 ·
Wheel cylinders could be sticking, air in the lines, or adjust the shoes.

#4 ·
My 64 would always pull to the left under hard braking. I pulled of the drums and noticed the front right wheel cylinder was leaking. I changed it and now it brakes fine.

G
#5 ·
CHECK OUT KANTER AUTO PARTS ON THE NET AND THEYLL SEND YOU A CATALOG WITH ALL BRAKE PARTS. I GOT MY BRAKE REBUILD KIT FOR 250 DOLLARS COMES WITH SHOES, SPRINGS, RETAINER CLIPS, MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD KIT, WHEEL CYLINDER REBUILD KIT

#7 ·
you can easily rebuild a wheel cylinder yourself, all you need is a wheel cylinder hone, n im sure you have a screw driver, jus order all new pads hardware, n wheel cylinder parts, (boots, springs, pistons ect.) n rub sum brake fluid n the cylinder n run the hone threw it jus 4 times back n forth so its like 8 strokes, should be shiny n it, n than jus bleed the brakes, if the hoses look bad replace em n than bleed the brakes.

#8 ·
Originally posted by nuttycutty@Aug 10 2003, 10:05 PM
worn out steering components will also cause that.And do yourself a favor and get a disc brake conversion kit,hes right 4 drums are dangerous!
really it depends on how often you drive it, if its a show car n you never even drive it n the rain than i wouldnt worrie, one time i drove a car wit all-round drums threw 10 inches of water, n i had to slam the brakes for like almost half a block to get the car to stop luckly there was no one around, yeah thats the one thing i hate bout drums is that they retain water easlily, if youve never done a conversion than id have a pro do it, if done incorrectly you could end up fuckin yourself even worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.