LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep brand new ccomp cylinders and new parker fittings, i have tried every thing from no thread tape to a half a roll of thread tape, and a wrench and a sledge hammer, new fittings every time and they still leak like a faucet. Any suggestions?

~Jason

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
there is posibility they threaded them to deep.

also you can try to use gasolia thread sealant and then put thread tape over it.

also if you over tighten the fitting don't just back it off and leave it (turnin the fitting back to "line up" .if it's a angled fitting will cause it to leak

good luck

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Have you found were the leak is coming from? Are you sure that there isn't a small crack in the fitting? Are the cylinder threads clean and free of damage? I know that they are new cylinders, but you never know... I would be concerned that using half a roll of teflon tape on the fitting would/could crack/damage the fittings or the cylinders... And dare I ask what the Sledge hammer was for!

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are leaking between the fitting and the cylinder, they are very clean, every time i used a new fitting, i have went through about 15 fittings, it sucks

Jason

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I would send back the cylinders then... Cause if you installed everthing correctly then that is really the only thing it could be.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Not saying you dont know what your doing put 3 to 4 wraps of teflon is plenty too much teflon is as bad as none at all. also are you wrapping the teflon the right way so it doesnt unroll as you are tightening it. not saying your stupid but I did that 5 times in a row one day needless to say that was a bad day.

·
Registered
549 Posts
JUST A SUGGESTION.......TRY USING SOME THREAD LOCK ON THAT SHIT ....PUT IT ON UR FITTING, THE LET IT DRY, ONCE ITS DRY SCREW IT ON UR CYLINDER................THEN PUT SOME AROUND THE EDGE OF THE CYLINDER AND FITTING CONNECTING POINT.........IF NOT THEN SEND BACK..................YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO DO ALL OF THIS BUT ITS A LAST RESORT BEFORE RETURNING THEM........HOPE IT WORKS

·
Registered
50 Posts
how about is it posible that u over tightend the hose because i did that last week and it split the flare inside u couldetn see it unless u looked real close .... ck it over good it might be your hose

·
Registered
180 Posts
COULD BE A PROBLEM WITH THE THREADING...THATS WHY WE OFFER THE WARRANTY...SEND THEM BACK TO US...ATTENTION: MARK
I WILL GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR THE SHIPPING COST TO ME..AND REPLACE THE CYLINDERS AND FREIGHT TO YOU..

MARK

·
Registered
807 Posts
im starting to think its just show time. or who they are getting fittings from. i have had nothing but problem with my check valves. you take all the shit apart clean them put it all back together, and its still leakin.

and i beleave what the hammer was for is so he could get some anger out on those wonderful fittings. :biggrin: i know i am really close to it.

hope you get it fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts