LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to shoot brandywine on my ride and i saw a sample of brandywine with a silver base.......and it wasn't as dark as i want it to be........

see i am looking for a dark red with a shitload of flake..........

i was originally going to use a silver base and silver flake for the most brilliant sparkle effect (bass boat style)

but then again i looked at a color chip of brandywine over a dark base like black........and i liked it..........

my question is this..........

would it matter what color base i use if i am going for 100% coverage with mini flake?????

or should i use silver base for the best possible bassboat effect??

now i know that it will NOT be a TRUE candy if i don't shoot a silver base but i want a darker red.........

i also know i can get the darker red by shooting more coats of candy so don't tell me that.........i want to shoot maximum of 5 coats of candy...........

does anyone have any pics of brandywines with dark bases BESIDES silver?????

i need to decide this.........first i bought a gallon of gamma gold for the base.......

now i went and bought a gallon of orion silver..........

i need to decide

by the way i am spray ing my storm....not the caprice

:uh: :cool:

Last edited by SWITCHCRAFT at Sep 11 2003, 05:47 PM

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
uase a meteror maroon base coat as it will take fewer coats to hide the color the more coats of kandy you use the darker you get . by usuing something close to your kandy coat you will get the desired color fasterit will still be a true kandy :cool:

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my MAIN concern is this i don't want the flake to look like dirt if it is parked in the shade...........

my worries are...if i use a dark base with silver flake it will look like dirt.........but i still want the bassboat look of the flake.........

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
to get a darker brandywine color use a gold base and gold flake----this will darken up the color and it will still be a true candy bro------the flakes will blend in very nice----back in the day when i actually used hok we did this using "glowable" flakes all in gold and they came out looking great---i don't use hok too much anymore unless i am using the concentrate for small areas---------good luck bro----peace

·
Registered
98 Posts
on my impala we used gamma gold,goldminers pearl,and coca pearl all mixed together.it has 5 coats of kandy then 3 clear then 2 more coats of candy and then 2 more clear.the car could be darker but too late now.oh well

·
Registered
330 Posts
hey man my car has black surface paint with candy brandy wine on top .. mine was wrapped with suran wrap to make it look like marble or alligator skin I can try n send a pic of it after i get home..leave another message if u want me to send u one or a few jus talk to me later, peace

Q

·
Registered
330 Posts
hey man..im having trouble posting pics on LIL forum but go to http://www.geocities.com/pure_playa_198617/QsRiDe.html .. hopefully there what ur lookin for..hit me up after u see em tell m what u think..im gettin a new digital camera so if u want more pics when i get them ill send em to ya.. peace

Q

1 - 15 of 15 Posts