LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

BRANDYWINE

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  PimpDaddyQ 
#1 ·
i want to shoot brandywine on my ride and i saw a sample of brandywine with a silver base.......and it wasn't as dark as i want it to be........

see i am looking for a dark red with a shitload of flake..........

i was originally going to use a silver base and silver flake for the most brilliant sparkle effect (bass boat style)

but then again i looked at a color chip of brandywine over a dark base like black........and i liked it..........

my question is this..........

would it matter what color base i use if i am going for 100% coverage with mini flake?????

or should i use silver base for the best possible bassboat effect??

now i know that it will NOT be a TRUE candy if i don't shoot a silver base but i want a darker red.........

i also know i can get the darker red by shooting more coats of candy so don't tell me that.........i want to shoot maximum of 5 coats of candy...........

does anyone have any pics of brandywines with dark bases BESIDES silver?????

i need to decide this.........first i bought a gallon of gamma gold for the base.......

now i went and bought a gallon of orion silver..........

i need to decide

by the way i am spray ing my storm....not the caprice

:uh: :cool:

Last edited by SWITCHCRAFT at Sep 11 2003, 05:47 PM

See less See more
#2 ·
uase a meteror maroon base coat as it will take fewer coats to hide the color the more coats of kandy you use the darker you get . by usuing something close to your kandy coat you will get the desired color fasterit will still be a true kandy :cool:

#5 ·
to get a darker brandywine color use a gold base and gold flake----this will darken up the color and it will still be a true candy bro------the flakes will blend in very nice----back in the day when i actually used hok we did this using "glowable" flakes all in gold and they came out looking great---i don't use hok too much anymore unless i am using the concentrate for small areas---------good luck bro----peace

#13 ·
hey man my car has black surface paint with candy brandy wine on top .. mine was wrapped with suran wrap to make it look like marble or alligator skin I can try n send a pic of it after i get home..leave another message if u want me to send u one or a few jus talk to me later, peace

Q

#15 ·
hey man..im having trouble posting pics on LIL forum but go to http://www.geocities.com/pure_playa_198617/QsRiDe.html .. hopefully there what ur lookin for..hit me up after u see em tell m what u think..im gettin a new digital camera so if u want more pics when i get them ill send em to ya.. peace

Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.