LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I PUT ALMOST A FULL STACK OF 3 AND HALF TON SPRINGS IN MY MONTE, AND HAVE NO MOVEMENT TO EVEN GET THE CAR STARTED..I HIT THE SWITCH TO COMPRESS THE SPRINGS AND LEFT IT LIKE THAT FOR A COUPLE DAYS HOPING IT WOULD WEAKIN THEM A LITTLE, BUT DIDNT WORK :uh:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by THEBOXX@Oct 10 2007, 09:52 AM~8968457
I PUT ALMOST A FULL STACK OF 3 AND HALF TON SPRINGS IN MY MONTE, AND HAVE NO MOVEMENT TO EVEN GET THE CAR STARTED..I HIT THE SWITCH TO COMPRESS THE SPRINGS AND LEFT IT LIKE THAT FOR A COUPLE DAYS HOPING IT WOULD WEAKIN THEM A LITTLE, BUT DIDNT WORK :uh:
:uh: and u put that much coil in because????............

u just making it harder on yourself.................

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
yeah sounds like you might need less coil... 2" or less of travel isnt anywhere near enough to get any momentum built up anyway

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
When i put 3-1/2 ton springs in i just locked it up and drove it around for a few days and they compressed. When i put in the 5 1/2 ton springs i took them to a show and started hoping and after the hop they where all broken in. and both where almost full stacks

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by THEBOXX@Oct 10 2007, 10:52 AM~8968457

you can get em broke in, just get a bunch of your friends and start bouncin it by hand then when you have it bouncing as high as you can get it by hand start catching the hop on your switch... but dude is right, you dont need anymore than 5 1/2 turns of the coil for g-bodys

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
SAME POST AGAIN

but u can order coils pre compressed from companies. u can get a whole stack in there and still get plenty of play. its hard to get a fresh coil and a full stack of it in the car and get some play without modifying ur lower A arms to help with taking a full stack. u can also lock the car up and drive like another memeber posted. u can get a piece of thick pipe and a bottle jack and weld a jig up and compress them urselves

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
4 fat freinds sitting on your hood. Hit the switches a couple times.. :cool: Also works with gas hopping on a beer run. Put the fat guys in the back seat and let it gooooooooooooo...........

·
Registered
509 Posts
Originally posted by THEBOXX@Oct 10 2007, 09:52 AM~8968457
I say either ride on em a lil bit, gas hop it, or get a few of your buddies to bounce the front of your car till it gets going and then catch it with the switch......works for me. Works a hell of a lot better if you were double-gated to the nose (2 to the front).

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If you can't brake them in find someone with a cadi or caprice. Those fit fullstacks pretty good and have them ride and clown on them until they brake in. Once they are broke in then cut 1/2 a turn off and put them in your car. That should be enough play to get a good first lick and to get the momentum going that you need. If you don't know of anyone with a car that they will fit then you will have to cut them. But they won't last that long. Once they break in then you have more chances of bottoming out.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
TIME TO JUMP OFF SOME CURBS HOMIE!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Originally posted by One Luv@Oct 10 2007, 03:34 PM~8970862
you can get em broke in, just get a bunch of your friends and start bouncin it by hand then when you have it bouncing as high as you can get it by hand start catching the hop on your switch... but dude is right, you dont need anymore than 5 1/2 turns of the coil for  g-bodys
thats how we do it works great

·
Registered
13,549 Posts
just don't need that much coil cut the shit
it will not make that car hit harder tried it over and over !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,549 Posts

all that coil won't help you do this

·
Registered
17 Posts
we did a 75 monte with 1.25 extended uppers and full stacks in deep cups. it took a good 3 weeks worth of play, mostly BIG gas hops, but it swings now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts