LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by Bio Hazard@Sep 26 2003, 05:15 AM
What is the best way to break in new coils on a hopper???
i usually get a bunch of guys and they start to push the front up and down and when it starts to get in the air a bit i wait till it comes down and catch it with the pump

·
Registered
292 Posts
Kinda off topic but after the springs have "broken in" will they be different. I mean like will they get a little softer and hop different?

·
Registered
549 Posts
YEA WHAT HE SAID...........GET A BUNCH OF HOMIES TOGETHER TO ROCK THE FRONT UP AND DOWN, WHEN ITS GOT SOME MOMENTUM CATCH IT WITH A SWITCH, KEEP ONE GUY ON EACH SIDE TO HELP IT .........

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
we put ours in a high tonage digital hydraulic press
with a special jig made for coils and safty.

after you press the coils and they are shorter when you do,
then cuttem to fit or if you can put them in.

otherthan that oh and i know it tough to find a press that will do it or a crazy focker to do it, hand hoppin is the best,
:wave:

·
Registered
63,046 Posts
Originally posted by chaddyb+Sep 26 2003, 12:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chaddyb @ Sep 26 2003, 12:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Bio Hazard@Sep 26 2003, 05:15 AM
What is the best way to break in new coils on a hopper???
i usually get a bunch of guys and they start to push the front up and down and when it starts to get in the air a bit i wait till it comes down and catch it with the pump[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: i was going to say the same shit........its kinda tight to see how high you can hop a car with guys just pushing down on the front end ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
we built a home made pressure using a same side tube thats the size of the coils and use a 20 ton bottle jack with a deep cup and used the deep cup to compess teh coil in. i leave em for about an hour. or u can alway buy ur coils pre compressed. but if u dont have any of those options then, stuffing the coils ito ur car and gettin ur ball joint to bolt up just have some homies push on the car to get it to bounce and catch it on teh switch. or u can lock the car up and leave the pressure on it over nite to help break them in. or put them in the car and drive around on a bumpy road

·
Registered
665 Posts
i just hop the shit out of my front end, that usually breaks them in!
takes a few days but it will do!

·
Registered
266 Posts
PRECOMPRESSED COILS? I DONT KNOW! I GOT A PAIR OF PRE-PRESS 5 TONS FROM H-L. THEY DID NOT LOOK NEW. THEY LOOK LIKE SOMETHING THEY HAD IN THERE IMPALA AND BANGED ON THEM AT A COUPE SHOWS AND SOLD THEM AS PRE-PRESSED.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts