LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i got two amps in my cadillac one is a 280 watt and the other is a 240 watt...and i got two 12's each amp pushing its own sub.....i was wondering...would it sound better if it was bridged?....how do i bridge two amps?....it sounds really good right now but if i could get more outta these two combined rather than seperate id like to try it out......thanks!...

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Two amps putting out serperate unequal power to two different subs. Well it can get done. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
You can probably bridge both subs together on one channel (pos. to pos. and neg. to neg.) then then splice the two amps outputs together... I'm sure it would work and give you more power, but don't cry if something fucks up...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wth your amps, it can't be done. There are amps specifically designed for this, but not yours. I have seen a DIYer try this before, and then came to me after they smoked.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. Big Stuff@Nov 29 2003, 02:54 AM
Wth your amps, it can't be done. There are amps specifically designed for this, but not yours. I have seen a DIYer try this before, and then came to me after they smoked.
I missed that, you must know which amps he has.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know, its just that usually amps that can be bridged together have to have the same output. His don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts