LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my cars 16 years old, its been a daily driver ever sence it rolled off the lot in 87. the guts are showing just that...now im not talking rips,tares or burns.

you can see where the piping on the drivers seat has had the cloth rubbed off ...NO GOOD! and what you cant see, no one but me sees it, is that most of the seams are showing some sings of pulling apart or you can tell because you can kinda see where the thread is.
I want to make these seats as good as new! is there any place that has new skins or a place i can get a new set from OR ship mine off to be redone in factory form...please, i love this oll regal and hope to have it "forever". thanks

Last edited by Mark at Dec 18 2003, 02:48 PM

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
nothing you can do about the material unless you want to reupholster it...if you return the upholstery to stock you will basically be using the old seat covers as templates for the new..very simple and almost anyone in my opinion can do it...
steaming the seats will bring the foam back to the original shape and make it look better than what it probably does now..if you have say a crushed velvet interior i wouldnt recommend steaming
just check a small unseen area to see if it damages it at all before doing the whole seat
well didnt see that pic when i posted first time...just make sure you check a small area with the steam..

Last edited by enough_talkin at Dec 18 2003, 05:26 PM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 18 2003, 05:22 PM
Whats that in the background???

:0
well dan i see a house a couple trees, grass......lol lol
naw looks like maybe a fastback..?

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85+Dec 18 2003, 07:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stankin85 @ Dec 18 2003, 07:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Dec 18 2003, 05:22 PM

well dan i see a house a couple trees, grass......lol lol
naw looks like maybe a fastback..?[/b][/quote]
Looks like a Buick GSX! ;)

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 18 2003, 04:22 PM

thats my first car that i owned. its a 1972 Gran Troino Sport, 351C cobra jet engine.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Dec 18 2003, 04:24 PM
nothing you can do about the material unless you want to reupholster it...if you return the upholstery to stock you will basically be using the old seat covers as templates for the new..very simple and almost anyone in my opinion can do it...
steaming the seats will bring the foam back to the original shape and make it look better than what it probably does now..if you have say a crushed velvet interior i wouldnt recommend steaming
just check a small unseen area to see if it damages it at all before doing the whole seat
well didnt see that pic when i posted first time...just make sure you check a small area with the steam..
i dont trust my self to cut the guts of this car...any place in indiana?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 18 2003, 08:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 18 2003, 08:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--enough_talkin@Dec 18 2003, 04:24 PM
i dont trust my self to cut the guts of this car...any place in indiana?[/b][/quote]
THERES A PLACE IN INDIANAPOLIS CALLED LITTLES THERE NUMBER IS 883- 1030. (not sure of area code)

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Jan 13 2004, 06:15 AM
"steaming the seats"

hows this done?
well you will need a steamer and its basically done exactly how it sounds..depending on what type of material you have you may need to take the fabric off so your only steaming the foam...you just wipe the steamer along it and the foam returns to its OG shape

1 - 12 of 12 Posts