LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE REAR TIRES ON MY 86 CUTTY ARE CAMBERED IN / \ <---LIKE THAT
ITS NOT HORRIBLE BUT U CAN NOTICE IT EASY. I KNOW UR SUPPOSED TO REINFORCE YOUR AXLE, BUT ALL I DO IS DRIVE THE CAR. I DONT HOP OR 3 WHEEL. DO I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MY AXLE BREAKING. SHOULD I NOT DRIVE IT UNTILL I DO. I M GOING TO REINFORCE IT AS SOON AS I CAN. (MONEY)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by BIGCRAIG@Aug 2 2005, 08:43 AM
THE REAR TIRES ON MY 86 CUTTY ARE CAMBERED IN / \ <---LIKE THAT
ITS NOT HORRIBLE BUT U CAN NOTICE IT EASY. I KNOW UR SUPPOSED TO REINFORCE YOUR AXLE, BUT ALL I DO IS DRIVE THE CAR. I DONT HOP OR 3 WHEEL. DO I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MY AXLE BREAKING. SHOULD I NOT DRIVE IT UNTILL I DO. I M GOING TO REINFORCE IT AS SOON AS I CAN. (MONEY)
[snapback]3526748[/snapback]​
I haven't really ever seen an axle break just from up and down motions. I imagine if you had some really stiff springs it could start to weakin in time. Just be gentle w/ the ride until you can reinforce it. You might be able to save some money if you can find some scrap sheet metal to buy and then cut out the shape yourself w/ an angle grinder. Then you can just pay somebody like me to weld it on real quick.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by caddy4yaass@Aug 2 2005, 10:44 AM
i broke mine ......going 50.......... not a pretty sight  lol
[snapback]3527417[/snapback]​
The one from the caddy on your avatar?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
say word guys. ill go easy on it, and my plan was to get some scrap and my friend has a welder. so just the cost of the scrap. ill probably do it this weekend

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Just get another one for like 100 bucks at the local bone yeard and reinforce it while it's out... then put it in... you can get better welds on it...

that's what I did after the same thing happened to me...

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Originally posted by pimpin.B.F.E.@Aug 2 2005, 08:28 PM
when u get it straight weld the tubes to the pumpkin. i always do that  on mine so it would not pull out or brake :nono:
[snapback]3531051[/snapback]​
how do u weld that the pumkin is cast isnt it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts