LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yester day me and my buddy rebuilt a pump head that hes got on a old school roadster pump with a street rockford pump head. It is an #8. But anywayz we was running transmission fluid in it and it worked fine . ( oh and hes got 10s on the back) . But anyways, experimenting like i always do i put some thicker fluid in the pump. and when i raised it up both of the leaf springs popped right in front of the lowering blocks at the same time in the same place. So i guess now i am gonna have to 4 link it and i have been dreading that for a while. Any suggestions? or tips.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
just make sure all of your measurments are right and perfect and make sure that your drive line is straght........I learned a valuable lesson four linking....... good luck. ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kindof rod ends do i use? how do i mount them where can i mount on the truck and axle? i know that the rear end and the whole axle shifts and twists. so whats up?

·
Registered
247 Posts
on mine we had the leaves on.. from a monoleaf and 3inch block..then put the 4link on.. to save some pinon angle so we wouldnt lose it when the leaves were taken off... if you want a really good 4link buy one from pete and jakes hotrods, its not where mines from :-/ i was in a hurry and just got an FBI 4link..which im glad to say have had no problems with.. so im happy with it... and remeber a 4link has got more travel, so if you drive with the ass real high make sure your driveshaft doesnt rub/hit anything while driving.. or push into the transmission and blow some shit out.... you can put the 4bars practically anywhere that they will go and travel fine.. 2 bars are on the outside of my frame.. they are bracketed right underneith the axel, and a grade 8bolt between the 2brackets holding the bar, then a hole in the frame for the front of the bar, with a grade8 bolt through the hole into the 4link bars heim joint.. weld the head onto the frame and put a nut on it. the inside ones are just custom brackets to hold the bars, the other ends are ontop of the rear with a rear differential bracket... hope this helps some if not at all.. its one of those :cool: :cool: moments you know

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Sep 26 2003, 09:15 AM
ohhh shit.. What kinda lesson did u learn? what happened?
I just learned that you have to make sure that everything is straight before you go and start welding shit together. I was almost done and I noticed the the driveline was a little off..... :angry: .....................but other than that you can just use some tubing and Hyme joints. I think thats how you spell it. but heres a pic of them any ways...

http://www.prohopper.com/suspension/(2960)...hyme_joints.jpg

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
What size cylinders? They are probably too long, take off the lowering blocks and all except one leaf spring (the long one) it will serve the perpose of lowering blocks. then get harder shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts