LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yester day me and my buddy rebuilt a pump head that hes got on a old school roadster pump with a street rockford pump head. It is an #8. But anywayz we was running transmission fluid in it and it worked fine . ( oh and hes got 10s on the back) . But anyways, experimenting like i always do i put some thicker fluid in the pump. and when i raised it up both of the leaf springs popped right in front of the lowering blocks at the same time in the same place. So i guess now i am gonna have to 4 link it and i have been dreading that for a while. Any suggestions? or tips.

·
Registered
247 Posts
on mine we had the leaves on.. from a monoleaf and 3inch block..then put the 4link on.. to save some pinon angle so we wouldnt lose it when the leaves were taken off... if you want a really good 4link buy one from pete and jakes hotrods, its not where mines from :-/ i was in a hurry and just got an FBI 4link..which im glad to say have had no problems with.. so im happy with it... and remeber a 4link has got more travel, so if you drive with the ass real high make sure your driveshaft doesnt rub/hit anything while driving.. or push into the transmission and blow some shit out.... you can put the 4bars practically anywhere that they will go and travel fine.. 2 bars are on the outside of my frame.. they are bracketed right underneith the axel, and a grade 8bolt between the 2brackets holding the bar, then a hole in the frame for the front of the bar, with a grade8 bolt through the hole into the 4link bars heim joint.. weld the head onto the frame and put a nut on it. the inside ones are just custom brackets to hold the bars, the other ends are ontop of the rear with a rear differential bracket... hope this helps some if not at all.. its one of those :cool: :cool: moments you know

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Sep 26 2003, 09:15 AM
ohhh shit.. What kinda lesson did u learn? what happened?
I just learned that you have to make sure that everything is straight before you go and start welding shit together. I was almost done and I noticed the the driveline was a little off..... :angry: .....................but other than that you can just use some tubing and Hyme joints. I think thats how you spell it. but heres a pic of them any ways...

http://www.prohopper.com/suspension/(2960)...hyme_joints.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.