LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, In my '91 i have a factory Bose amp (think its a 300 watt).

My problem is: when it is cold outside (55 and below), any time i turn on my stereo it lets out a incessant shriek. I put in a aftermarket head unit and the problem is still there, so i have found that the problem is the amp.

Anyone had this problem before? Anyway to fix it? I'm not looking for a high-powered setup, so i don't want to buy a new amp. I just want to fix what i have. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
u have to bypass the factory amp, or by a 4 channel amp and run wires from the speakers diretly to the amp, then the rca's to the new stereo. Bypassing the amp is more economic, it should be around the rear deck, u have to find the speaker inputs and find the outputs on the amp and connect them together. hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by downsouthplaya@Dec 30 2003, 10:36 PM
u have to bypass the factory amp, or by a 4 channel amp and run wires from the speakers diretly to the amp, then the rca's to the new stereo. Bypassing the amp is more economic, it should be around the rear deck, u have to find the speaker inputs and find the outputs on the amp and connect them together. hope that helps.
Thats what i was thinking too. Too bad it isn't set up like a normal amp. there are like 23 wires going in and out of this thing.

If you guys know which one goes where, give me a clue please.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by 2pump chump+Jan 6 2004, 01:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2pump chump @ Jan 6 2004, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--downsouthplaya@Dec 30 2003, 10:36 PM
Thats what i was thinking too. Too bad it isn't set up like a normal amp. there are like 23 wires going in and out of this thing.

If you guys know which one goes where, give me a clue please.[/b][/quote]
lol u gotta find the speaker inputs, splice wires and start poppin wires, go to the speakers and find the wire colors and go to the amp, test, cut, then run to the deck, fuck i cant beileve i forgot the colors for chevy speaker factory wiring, i know one is white and white/light blue, brown....damn ill look it up

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:biggrin: I know man, i have a book with basic wiring setups from Roadmasters, Caprices, and Impalas, but the colors they say aren't consistant with what's in my trunk.

Right now i'm riding with a blowdryer in my trunk. Now when i'm done driving, I find myself backing up to the garage for something other than charging batteries....heating up the amp. :roflmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts