LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up homies i gotta 91 caprice im liftin it... we welded the power balls, the bridge, and we reinforced the rear arces and now the bitch wont stay runin it runs for like 20mins then it starts sputterin and it dies and it wont start till it cools down... so did n-e one else that lifted a caprice have the same problem and how did u fix it

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
maybe your thermostat is at the close position and failed, change it also the ovious check your antifreeze

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Originally posted by GOODTIMER313@Sep 27 2006, 10:16 AM~6254519
what up homies i gotta 91 caprice im liftin it... we welded the power balls, the bridge, and we reinforced the rear arces and now the bitch wont stay runin it runs for like 20mins then it starts sputterin and it dies and it wont start till it cools down... so did n-e one else that lifted a caprice have the same problem and how did u fix it

what happens after it fails and you try to start it up? does it crank?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
its me goodtimer but im on my boys name... it wants to start but it dont i can turn the key till tha battery dies

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
my brothers impala was doing the same thing and the gas line got pinched on the way home form the hydro shop...if not check your fuel filter.

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
I would start with checking fuel related things. Check the fuel pump to see if it makes a whirring sould when you turn the key. check lines to see if they are pinched.

make sure there is gas in the tank. My guess is a bad fuel pump.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
i dont think its the fuel pump i can see it gettin gas from the injecters... ill have to jack it up and check the lines

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
i dont think its the fuel pump i can see it gettin gas from the injecters... ill have to jack it up and check the lines... oh and another thing was i ran outta gas... and i put gas in it messed wit got it started went to the gas station put more gas and it wouldnt start...

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey homies it was a computer this foo jus told me what it was today... after a full tune up and a changed module... thats 300... and now praly about 200 more to fix but its all good cuz theres still a couple more weeks to ride shit i got heat :biggrin:... but thats what up

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by GOODTIMER313@Oct 16 2006, 10:54 AM~6378245
hey homies it was a computer this foo jus told me what it was today... after a full tune up and a changed module... thats 300... and now praly about 200 more to fix but its all good cuz theres still a couple more weeks to ride shit i got heat :biggrin:... but thats what up
Damn wish i would of read this thread sooner. Sounded to me like the ignition control module was bad.

Alot of times when they go bad you can drive the car for abit then the control module becomes hot and kill the car, then it wont start again till the control module cools all the way down, then you can start it again.......

Sorry, but at least you got her fixed.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by supreme@Oct 17 2006, 10:31 PM~6390432
was it caused by the work that you did or was it just coincidence, I mean cause of the welding?
i dont know igotta ask homeboy when i go get it back

1 - 17 of 17 Posts