LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want 2 biuld a modle but at this point i cant really afford a good one so im going to get a 64 at wal-mart on friday , can you add up stuff and tell me how much (including chassie ect..everything i need!) to biuld a hopper that can do front and back? it dont have 2 side 2 side or 3 wheel but i would like it to , s/s or 3 isnt a must sence its my first and all, after i get it done if i like it i plan to get a s-10 and put the bed dance kit and stuff on it , well thanks alot everyone!

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
go to radio shack u can get almost evrything u need for the hydros there for under 10 dollars... the motors are 99 cent each, switch box iz 2 dollars, switches are 2 dollars for 4 push button switches, then they got the ribbon wire for another 2 dollars... then for the gears u go to any place that sells hat pins and things like that and they sell the exact little "metal gears" that pegasus sells i think pegasus sells it or hopin hydros i forgot well they sell them fdor like 2 for like 6 dollars...lol but at any hat pin place u can get em by dozen for like 2 dollars... and make the t-sliders outta plexie glass or u can make metal u-bars outta coat hangers... and then do it the oldschool way and use the chassis that the car brings (thats the way i do it)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Hoppin' Hydros</span>

Upgraded Front & Back 2 Motor Hydraulics Kit
Item #107

Includes E-Z Hydro Chassis, Gator Bites, wire, 2 push-button switches, 2 motors with gears, hydro line and detailed photo instructions to build your own Hopper from scratch! Fits under most 1/24 scale models with body or chassis modifications. Requires battery (Item #220 or Item #222)

<span style=\'color:red\'>Suggested Retail Price: $19.99 each

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot ,and i also think the kit would be better sence i dont really know what im doing lol , i was told the 64 would be the easyest cuz i dont have 2 cut the body , this is true right? any other cars/truck the body dosnt have 2 be cut on? thanks alot!! and 20 bux is my kinda budgit lol but it'll be more when i get done cuz ill need some 13s and stuff, i have wire im not sure if it will work its thick but not real thick.. oh well maybe yall can explane to me a little more, anyone on aim or msn who wants 2 talk about modles, give me some ideas and stuff leave ur aim or msn addies and ill IM ya... thanks alot!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
dancers have 4 motors opposed to 2 and allows you to work all 4 corners individually.

you are right about the kit being good to begin with. hell, i'm working on my first one now myself but its also a 4 motor dancer.

if you get the 64 impala by revell it will go on very easily. some of the bodies have the fenderwells made to the body so you'd have to cut that all out to fit the chassis.

as far as wire goes..... the kit is ready to go pretty much
like it says, you will need a seperate batterypack though

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
yea well i juzt propped the car to see how high its gunna lock up... seems like it'll dance like a mofo...lol i gotta go buy some gears tomaro and maybe do some more patterns on the body so i can kandy it... but i'll prolly take pics... of it with the body just basecoated... i've gotten pretty good with a lil airbrush i did some shoes the other day for some kid...lol so ima see how it goes doing patterns freehand with the airbrush... cause i always done em with tape... but lets see how it turns out...i broke out all my old model car hydro parts i happened to have brand new in the pack 2 motors 4 switches switch box and ribon wire...lol... and also 3 used motors off another car i had and i just checked them and they work so ima put 4 of em in...and have a spare just incase one fries...lol

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i went 2 biglots w/ my bro and a freind and they had 1:25 scale on sale , no 1:24s though, would that kit work on a 1:25? there 12.99 for 3 and paint and glue, there very detailed i bought a "low rider" 70s monty , its just a reg modle but came with them battries and pumps u put in it for looks .. thanks guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts