LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built one yet? I've seen them on Ebay for $105.00, but they look cheap. I planned on using 5/8" MDF wood, since 3/4" would be too much. I plan on doing 2 10's. I plan on them being under the seat.

Any tips or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I built one for my buddys truck a while back...I used 5/8" MDF...from what I can remember it was like 5-6" H in the rear and like 9-10" H in the front because of the angle on the bench seat...It was just like a wedged box for under the seat that went with the length of the rear bench, and over the center floor hump..which we designed a platform in the box for the amp...and it was like an 1" off of the floor downfiring. Pretty sure it was like just a hair over a cubic foot per sub...JL 10" W1v2's..Just make sure the mounting depth isnt past 5" or so, from what I can remember...hope it helped some.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Oct 17 2006, 02:08 PM~6387156
Has anyone built one yet? I've seen them on Ebay for $105.00, but they look cheap. I planned on using 5/8" MDF wood, since 3/4" would be too much. I plan on doing 2 10's. I plan on them being under the seat.

Any tips or suggestions?

http://proboxrocks.com/chevy/99upextendeddf.shtml

these are very good

but more than $105

·
Registered
108 Posts
why would you use 5/8 and not 3/4 ? i used 5/8 and it didnt sound right so we made another one out of 3/4 and the sound was way better . spend the money the first time and you wont have to do it again . and cost you more money. but crew cabs are a pain in the ass to build a box for . have a pro build you one you wont regret it

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
depends what subs your using...if its a measely 125-150 watts RMS and like 1.0-1.5 cu' per chamber under the seat of the truck...it aint gonna matter. Have tried both ways...and I didnt hear a difference...if you have the space and powerful setup go for 3/4" hell go for 1.5".......or concrete...jk

:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Oct 17 2006, 04:08 PM~6387156

Any tips or suggestions?

im waiting on two x12's from fi car audio to use in my 4-door ram 1500...

the enclosure will be made of fiberglass, duraglass (to add thickness, hopefully a lil more then .5 ", as well as strength) and more fiberglass, and rage gold extreme for body filler...

you'll get more volume if you do a glass enclosure because with wood, you cant contour to the storage area under the seat to make use of every drop of available space...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts