LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if GM were smart, they would use the same one on all of them, but we know Gm isnt to smart..

good luck man! did you get that axle dipped yet?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 11 2003, 06:24 PM
if GM were smart, they would use the same one on all of them, but we know Gm isnt to smart..

good luck man! did you get that axle dipped yet?
haha true.. very true... i think if worse comes to worse ill buy just regular carrage bolts, polish the ends and have them plated..

and yeah i got the axle plated.. i havent taken any pics yet... im still in the process of polishing up more stuff to get dipped

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 12 2003, 09:02 AM
I cant wait to see it, it's one of the best I've seen so far!
thanks man.. i just gotta get off my ass and take pics...

so how much stuff are you gonna be getting plated for the 64 this winter? should i be buying stock in ohio chrome plating corporations?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by skandalouz@Oct 13 2003, 01:34 PM
any auto parts store carries them or can get them. We buy them all the time.
really? thats cool ill check into that... i just dont normally think of an autoparts store carrying odd restoration parts

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Yeah, you should be able to hit up Auto Zone or whatever for some standard, shiny carriage bolts. Now, if you're trying to get the bolts without the box on them like I need, THAT'S a bit tougher! :( (GM bastidz!!!)

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Oct 14 2003, 12:28 PM
Yeah, you should be able to hit up Auto Zone or whatever for some standard, shiny carriage bolts. Now, if you're trying to get the bolts without the box on them like I need, THAT'S a bit tougher! :( (GM bastidz!!!)

Cheers,
Jeff
tighten two nuts together onto one of them and put it in a lathe and machine off the box ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
hit up bumper boys in southern Cali. I ordered them over the phone and got them in a couple of days. They plate bumpers too, so the bolts are pretty nice. I remember they were cheaper then the hardware store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts