LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I about to buy some more HOK Kandy Koncentrate which one would be darkest over a silver base...opinions count in this case ;)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
you have lots of factors to think of ... condition of the car (body work)
.....style of the car (the body creases)... what type of car is it ..but what i would do, cause i think i know where your going with this ... you want a deep blackish red .. at night looks black during the day red ... when driving at night and the head lights of the other car hits yours you want that red to stand out ... but with which ever color you go, it depends on the base of the paint..... since you want to use silver base i would go burgundy ..... if you want that bad ass color and want to be happy...... go with a black base, silver (i would use gold) flake, and candy brandy wine... it even feels good to say it ....... CANDY BRANDY WINE ... just my 2 cents though..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

heres an example of a black base .... gold flakes and brandy wine

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks for the replies let me be a little clearer the car is already painted silver flake (heavy) I want the darkest color in this family for some candy patterns... ya'll let me know what would be darkest on top of the silver in your opinion

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by YAYOS64@Nov 8 2007, 11:55 AM~9183491

heres an example of a black base .... gold flakes and brandy wine
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Bigthangs@Nov 8 2007, 11:57 AM~9183510
Okay thanks for the replies let me be a little clearer the car is already painted silver flake (heavy) I want the darkest color in this family for some candy patterns... ya'll let me know what would be darkest on top of the silver in your opinion
its more prefrance .... cause the more coats of the candy ... thae darker the shade ... but you can never go wrong with brandy wine

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by YAYOS64@Nov 8 2007, 02:04 PM~9183581
its more prefrance .... cause the more coats of the candy ... thae darker the shade ... but you can never go wrong with brandy wine
So out the can brandywine is darker then burgundy?

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
Id use a dark metallic grey so u dont over darken it and loose that kandy pigment but at the same time still look good.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by montemanls@Nov 8 2007, 03:55 PM~9184417
Id use a dark metallic grey so u dont over darken it and loose that kandy pigment but at the same time still look good.
Burgundy or Brandywine?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Bigthangs@Nov 8 2007, 01:03 PM~9184011
So out the can brandywine is darker then burgundy?
they dont make brandy wine in a can ....

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by YAYOS64@Nov 9 2007, 12:57 AM~9188147
they dont make brandy wine in a can ....
;) Here's a can bro

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Brandywine is darker then burgandy here is Candy Brandy Wine

not the best pic but it shows the different shades of red

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNZIN@Nov 9 2007, 10:02 AM~9190530
Brandywine is darker then burgandy here is Candy Brandy Wine

not the best pic but it shows the different shades of red
fuck thats fuckin sexxxy ... thats what i love about the brandy wine ... the shades especailly on the impalas and those bodylines

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Originally posted by YAYOS64@Nov 9 2007, 12:08 PM~9191357
fuck thats fuckin sexxxy ... thats what i love about the brandy wine ... the shades especailly on the impalas and those bodylines

My car says thank you for calling it sexy :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
you can see the difference from the way the light hits red on one side and almost black on the other side

1 - 20 of 32 Posts