LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
well when was the las time it was rebuild, could be valve guilds er seals as well, actually at 2600 could be a number of things, how bad is it buring oil, do you see smoke coming from the engine when your rpmin this high, how often did you change the oil, try runnin 2 quarts of motor flush 5 mins b4 your next oil change. good luck.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Originally posted by DekeDamage@Aug 14 2003, 07:55 PM
Mine smokes when I turn my car off??
mine used to do that, until i bolted my dipstick back to the block and replaced the valve cover gaskets.

if you have to replace the valve cover gaskets, avoid the plastic and rubber ones, cause if you over tighten, or bend them too much, they will break and leak, defeating the pourpose of replacing them. just get the cheapo cork ones.

plus i was wondering how the one guy knew how his car was burning oil at 2600 rpm. but then i figured out how he did it- I looked in my rear-view mirror and i saw a cloud of blue smoke! not a pleasant sight, but this was doing 35+ mph in 1st :biggrin: not a great idea

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well my smoke comes from the engine...you can see it, its on the passenger side exhaust manifold/header/exit pipe from the engine thingy...whatever its called...my mechanic said it could be seals, rings, valves. If it is should I just rebuild it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Originally posted by DekeDamage@Aug 15 2003, 02:45 PM
Well my smoke comes from the engine...you can see it, its on the passenger side exhaust manifold/header/exit pipe from the engine thingy...whatever its called...my mechanic said it could be seals, rings, valves. If it is should I just rebuild it?
mine did exactly that, until i replaced my valvecover gaskets, it used to smoke when i turn off the engine, it got real bad after a while, that it even smoked while i was going down the road- about a 10ft cloud of smoke, under, and all around my car.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
id jus rebuild the motor if its burning oil. if you wanna experiment use thicker oil, what wieght oil do you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts