LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
all you need is your home stereo, tape deck, RCA Y adapter that can fit into headphone jack on computer, and then run the rca's to an input in the back of the stereo (if you have one) and record like normal.

·
14,255 Posts
it looks like this, but instead of that big ass plug to the right, it's a plug that can fit into you headphone jack.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by Royal Homie+Sep 12 2003, 06:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Royal Homie @ Sep 12 2003, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--foey@Sep 12 2003, 03:25 PM
it looks like this, but instead of that big ass plug to the right, it's a plug that can fit into you headphone jack.

Thanks for the help. I found these on Ebay. Will any of these two work? After I set this up, how would I be able to record? I downloaded some mp3 songs and right now there in Real One player. So do I just hit record on my home stereo and then press play on Real One Player?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=32833

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3045972528
I don't know if you can see the pictures in the Auctions, but the first link has this picture:

And the Second link has these two pictures:
[/b][/quote]
those are the exact ones. You don't have to get em from ebay doe. You can get them from Radio Shack.

·
14,255 Posts
your gonna have to cue them. Hook the RCA's to the stereo in the bak. If you have one of them big ass tuner ones, plug it into either the CD jack or AUX, and set the tuner stereo to either CD or AUX to get the sound from the computer. From there your tape deck should already be plugged into the Output jack from the stereo. IMO, first hit record on the tape deck and then just hit play on the Real Player. Though your gonna have to stop both whenever you need to separately.

Last edited by foey at Sep 12 2003, 07:38 PM

·
14,255 Posts
oh dam. Sry foo, for this one just get one of them CD to tape player adapters for cars. Put it in the play side, and then record with the other side like usual.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by Cutty Low Low@Sep 12 2003, 09:26 PM
:0
People are talking about cassette tapes! Again I say :0
yes the legends were tru. Before the CD there was this mystical recording device that allowed you to record and play music.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by Royal Homie+Sep 13 2003, 12:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Royal Homie @ Sep 13 2003, 12:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--foey@Sep 12 2003, 06:35 PM
oh dam. Sry foo, for this one just get one of them CD to tape player adapters for cars. Put it in the play side, and then record with the other side like usual.

lol Now I'm confused. So now I just need a CD adapter? So do I just pop the tape in the left side of the stereo and plug the end to the phonejack? After this would I need to pop in a blank cassette tape in the right side of the stereo? But how would that CD adapter work in a stereo system because It has one of those closing doors, wouldn't the cable get caught? I use to burn downloaded songs from my computer to CDs because my Cutlass had a CD player but now that I got a 1993 Licnoln Towcar, it came with a stock casstte tape player. I don't want to get a CD player just yet. I don't want to burn songs from cassttes to CDs, I want burn songs that are stored on my Computer to Casstte tapes so I can listen to them in my Towncar. I need help homie. :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
lol, don't stress it. Yeah the line will get caught, but it won't cut the audio feed. Just pop it into the no record side like you would a regular tape. Then pop in the blank tape on the other side. Set the dealie to tape so that you can get the audio out. You can bust that record thing where both start to play:

1. insert that tape dealie in the pik and have it connected and ready to go.
2. insert blank tape, press record and play, and then press pause
3. as soon as you have your audio file (s) ready for play, play em
4. press play on the side with the tape in the pik

hope this helped ya out and has ya bumpin in no time.

·
14,255 Posts
if your stereo has an AUX then yes. Other than that, you might have to do that tape dealie thing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts