LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can ya tell if a motor is burnt. i am about to take mine off an am not sure what to look for as in signs of bein burnt. any help would be great.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i took it off an it does not smell burnt. an also the contacts look like they are in good shape not alot of wear to them. is there any way to see if it might be sumpin else?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
well when my motor burnt out, i knew it was burnt because it no longer spun when i hit the switch...

and my suspicions were confrimed when i removed the endcap and nothing but dust was left inside it...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine looks fairly clean in there except for some dust. i was thinkin bout takin my back pump motor off an puttin it on the front to see if the front works. i know the rear does.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i tried the motor switch an nuttin happened. it did the same thing. what could be the problem.i tried 3 different noids an still nuttin. jus dat damn clickin noise from the noids. i am in need of some major help.

·
Registered
281 Posts
take the motor off and do a quick check.....grab your battery charger and put the positive on the stud and put the ground on the motor case and turn the charger to start and see if the motor spins.......

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yo what do ya mean by bad earths? i am jus gettin pissed at this shit. but i'll check everything else. so to test the noids wit a test light, all i have to do is ground the test light an put the point to the terminals of the noids.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thanks i'll check them. is that the only thing that it could be now? well thanks for all the info

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i got pissed off enough that i pulled out the whole set up. an put it all back in an found out that 1 battery was completley shot no power what so ever. now i have it wired up as 36 volts. for now until i get 2 new batts. but thanks to everyone who gave me places to start lookin.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Oct 25 2003, 12:45 AM
assuming your batteries are charged and in good shape [and all is wired correct] you have bad earths somewere...................
Once again Air280 is up on it.

Using a volt meter will not tell you if you have a bad batery, nor is a load test 100% dependable. A simple hydrometer will work fine if you have not recently added water (NOT ELECTROLITE). If you are using lead acids.

There are other ways, I'll make a full list and post sometime.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
nice to know you found the problem!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts