LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who sells it is it cheaper from the company i need some kandy,clear, and flake.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ready to buy but how many quarts usually to do a 80 4 dr caprice? or any big body?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Sep 26 2003, 03:36 PM
i ready to buy but how many quarts usually to do a 80 4 dr caprice? or any big body?
just get a gallon, you'll have paint left over, better to have left over paint then not enough, especially on kandy. kinda hard to match it up later.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm so if i did use the entire gallon, but only doubled up on certain areas would it be very visible?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Sep 26 2003, 04:04 PM
hmmm so if i did use the entire gallon, but only doubled up on certain areas would it be very visible?
whut u mean double up?

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like if i spray the car and then still have plenty of paint left then i spray whats left on the hood or doors or trunk?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Sep 26 2003, 04:32 PM
like if i spray the car and then still have plenty of paint left then i spray whats left on the hood or doors or trunk?
if u spray more kandy like on the hood and door jambs or shit like that, then yes, it will come out darker than the rest of the car. it will be different shades. u have to spray evenly, and the same amount of coats on all the car if u want it to come out all the same color. its not a hard paint job but it aint easy either, thats why alot of shops charge at least 2g's for a basic candy job.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
you can not double up on kandy the more coats , the darker the color . very noticible difference if you try that . if you have not painted before the kandy will be diffilcult if not downright impossible :cool:

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 816customshop@Sep 26 2003, 06:46 PM
you can not double up on kandy the more coats , the darker the color . very noticible difference if you try that . if you have not painted before the kandy will be diffilcult if not downright impossible :cool:
yeah im not painting myself im just trying to svae money and buy the paint myslef.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts