LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad Situation

shaved door handles, popper switch is the only way in, battery is dead......any way around the popper switch? besides breaking my window and paying $125.00 to get fixed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
pop the hood thru the bottom if possible or call around and ask from prices on windows and break the cheapest one.


but try poppin the hood of it before u break anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
get a car and a set of jumper cables hook the + to the the + on the starter and hook the - to the frame or some other metal spot DONT BREAK ANYTHING!!!!!!! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
Originally posted by trickedout65@Aug 16 2005, 09:08 PM~3639475
get a car and a set of jumper cables hook the + to the the + on the starter and hook the - to the frame or some other metal spot  DONT BREAK ANYTHING!!!!!!! :cool:
thats just gonna turn it over....it wont start that way unless his key is on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by corndawg@Aug 17 2005, 12:25 AM~3639590
thats just gonna turn it over....it wont start that way unless his key is on
itll get power goin tho?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
dont think it will get power, itll just turn it over. ive got a jump wire with a push button going to my starter. it will turn it over weather the key is on or not, but it wont make the radio or anything come on unless the key is on. by just hooking up up the starter you are jumping all other electrical systems and you will only be getting power to the starter and no other parts, maybe if you turn the motor over enough the alternator will charge enough for you to pop the door, but i kinna doubt thatll happen :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
just a thought, but do your wires to the door solenoids run on the underside of the car? if so if you could just cut and strip the hotwire on the solenoid side and simply hit it with a hotwire from a bat from another car
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by corndawg@Aug 16 2005, 11:11 PM~3639874
dont think it will get power, itll just turn it over. ive got a jump wire with a push button going to my starter. it will turn it over weather the key is on or not, but it wont make the radio or anything come on unless the key is on. by just hooking up up the starter you are jumping all other electrical systems and you will only be getting power to the starter and no other parts, maybe if you turn the motor over enough the alternator will charge enough for you to pop the door, but i kinna doubt thatll happen :dunno:
That cable is tied directly to the battery, that's the point of the battery cable. So yes, it will provide power to the rest of the system if he hooks jumper cables to the + on the starter and - on the block. It doesn't TURN the starter until you provide 12V on the S terminal of the solenoid...thats how they work. The door poopers are wired directly to the battery...think about it..if they weren't he'd have to have the ignition on to pop the doors...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 17 2005, 07:17 AM~3641096
That cable is tied directly to the battery, that's the point of the battery cable. So yes, it will provide power to the rest of the system if he hooks jumper cables to the + on the starter and - on the block. It doesn't TURN the starter until you provide 12V on the S terminal of the solenoid...thats how they work. The door poopers are wired directly to the battery...think about it..if they weren't he'd have to have the ignition on to pop the doors...

i agree



and when the starter gets the power u press the button for the popper to pop and open ur door and then open ur window and open the hood and charge ur battery

and leave the window open so u wont get locked out when ur charging the battery or when u remove the battery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok I will definatly try all these suggestions, let me ask a question, if I have an extra battery hook the jumper cables up to battery....ground the other side to the block and tap the wire going to the popper, will that work?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by smokinowboy@Aug 18 2005, 10:51 AM~3650288
ok I will definatly try all these suggestions, let me ask a question, if I have an extra battery hook the jumper cables up to battery....ground the other side to the block and tap the wire going to the popper, will that work?
how can you get to the wire if the door is closed? I thought the purpose of this was to get the door open in the first place? Are your wires just hanging out everywhere?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
maybe I didn't explain it right, I have a toggle switch to open the car doors....since my battery is dead the toggle switch doesn't work......I can see the toggle switch and pull it out enough to see the wires so I was wondering if I took a spare battery and jumper cables could I put power to one of the toggle switch wires and would that pop the door?
 

·
Triple OG
Joined
·
11,047 Posts
Originally posted by smokinowboy@Aug 18 2005, 12:01 PM~3650872
maybe I didn't explain it right, I have a toggle switch to open the car doors....since my battery is dead the toggle switch doesn't work......I can see the toggle switch and pull it out enough to see the wires so I was wondering if I took a spare battery and jumper cables could I put power to one of the toggle switch wires and would that pop the door?


yea, but if you had power going to the doors the toggle switch would work. put your jumpers on the starter and pop them open.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by concrete@Aug 18 2005, 05:04 PM~3652472
yea, but if you had power going to the doors the toggle switch would work. put your jumpers on the starter and pop them open.

i also agree
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by sleepy526@Aug 18 2005, 07:26 PM~3652564
i also agree
what he said. but if he has a toggle switch, he doesnt need to hook it up to the starter.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top