LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my transmission , because i blew out the transmission on my 66 mustang , so bascally what im asking is how do i pull out the old one and put in the new one i heard it was easy but thats all i heard , and suggestions on how or tips on what to do ,anything would help thanks

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
1ST PULL THE DRIVE SHAFT......THEN TAKE THE STARTER OUT...DISCONECT THE SHIFT LINKEGE....SPEEDO CABLE...ITS ONE BOLT.. TAKE OFF THAT COVER THATS IN FRONT OF THE TRANNY WHERE IT MEETS THE BLOCK...THERE YOU CAN GET THE FLYWHEEL BOLTS.. THERE SHOULD BE 4 NUTS...9/16..SIZE...THEN YOU GOT A VAC..HOSE ON THE DRIVER SIDE AND 2 LINES THAT RUN TO THE RADIATOR....DISCONNECT FROM THE TRANNY....THERES 2 BOLTS ON TOP.... 2 ON EACH SIDE THAT HOLD THE TRANNY TO THE BLOCK...I PUT A JACK UNDER THE TRANNY BEFORE YOU LOSESN THE BOLTS....THE CAR NEEDS TO BE HIGH ENOUGH TO CLEAR THE TRANNY.....LIKE 3 FEET CLEARNCE...THERES ALSO AN E-BRAKE CABLE...AND LAST THE CROSSMEMBER....2 BOLTS...ONE ON EACH SIDE....I HAD A 67 MUSTANG..THAT PUT OUT 375HP AT THE WHEELS...289 ...60 OVER....850 HOLLY DOUBLE PUMPER...MSD SET UP....HIGH RISE INTAKE.....STREET STRIP CAM....LOVED THE CAR...BUT THAT C-4 COULD NEVER KEEP UP..WENT THOUGH 3 TRANNYS ALL NEW....HOPE THIS HELPS :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEA IT DOES ALOT BRO , BUT SLAPPIN THIS BITCH BACK IN IS WHAT IM TRIPPEN IS THERE A GASKET KIT I NEED OR GASKETS I NEED SHOULD I FILL IT WITH FLUID PULL ANY PLUGS WHEN SLAPPIN HER BACK IN

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts