LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I showed this to a friend of mine and he was wondering if this is a good thing to do? Would doing this effect the performance or the suspension of the truck?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, about the way the exhaust pipe was cut, it that legal? I know I have asked this before, but my friend was wondering if it were legal to cut his exhaust pipe like such so he won't have to worry about anything hot near his air bags.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
its possible that I'm a total idiot, but I'd assume that they plan to do both sides, but havent yet started on side #2..

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is legal to shorten the pipe "if you keep the muffler and cat" but you should point the pipe down away from the bag. You may need to have the pipe exit close to the outside of the body for easy access for the Emmisions guys to test. I know people who have had problems with them but not the cops.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Originally posted by whyn@Nov 25 2003, 05:20 PM
I showed this to a friend of mine and he was wondering if this is a good thing to do? Would doing this effect the performance or the suspension of the truck?

I did both sides the picture was taken after one side was done. We don't have emission tests in Missouri. That is the frame on the Black S-10 in the Install section.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by whyn@Nov 25 2003, 04:20 PM

Are you planning to bag this ride or juice it?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
no matter if it is bagged or juiced i still cant see the point of only doing one side..That is kind of like asking if it would be ok to only juice the passenger side of your car...Why would you do it is the question that needs to be answered

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by outkastbd82@Nov 26 2003, 01:08 PM
no matter if it is bagged or juiced i still cant see the point of only doing one side..That is kind of like asking if it would be ok to only juice the passenger side of your car...Why would you do it is the question that needs to be answered
OMFG!!!
read Yetti's reply

damn :uh:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Originally posted by cruize1+Nov 26 2003, 06:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cruize1 @ Nov 26 2003, 06:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--whyn@Nov 25 2003, 04:20 PM

Are you planning to bag this ride or juice it?[/b][/quote]
It is juiced. It has 2 pumps and 6 batteries. There are pictures of it on my website HI-CALIBER CUSTOMS.COM. it's under installations. And Cruize it is in Chicago now, he is going to school there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i cut off my exhaust on my 69 ford when i first bagged it because the pipes interfiered with the rear end housing, in theory it was a good idea except when i fired it up it sounded like a farm truck :uh:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by whyn@Nov 25 2003, 05:20 PM

Just keep this in mind, once you modiy one side, you must also do the same to the other side.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 26 2003, 02:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 26 2003, 02:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--outkastbd82@Nov 26 2003, 01:08 PM
OMFG!!!
read Yetti's reply

damn :uh:[/b][/quote]
read yetties reply.. but tha kid who started tha post...said he would like to do it like in tha pic.... exactly tha way shown in tha pic... one side...

:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..+Nov 29 2003, 01:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (..LaZt oNe LeFt.. @ Nov 29 2003, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 02:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--outkastbd82
@Nov 26 2003, 01:08 PM

OMFG!!!
read Yetti's reply

damn :uh:
read yetties reply.. but tha kid who started tha post...said he would like to do it like in tha pic.... exactly tha way shown in tha pic... one side...

:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts