LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do these ends go on? A customer brought them in for his batterys, they all have post on them. And has nice color cable for them. I tried to crimp one but it wan too hard , so I know I might have to sodier them . Does any use there or have in the past?

·
Registered
6,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
hold it wit some pliers and hold a torch on it, feed some solder in and fill it 1/2 way full of solder then stick the cable in and let cool. Some will leak out but better to have too much than too little ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Nov 12 2008, 09:01 AM~12134160
How do these ends go on? A customer brought them in for his batterys, they all have post on them.  And has nice color cable for them. I tried to crimp one but it wan too hard , so I know I might have to sodier them . Does any use there or have in the past?

those use special crimpers the tool looks like a pair of bolt cutters napa use to sell them back in the day :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it matter witch solder I use, cause the electrical solder is thin compaired the plumming one.

·
Registered
875 Posts
What out cause those are most of the time made out of LEAD AND A PLUMING TORCH MAY MELT IT . WATCH OUT . look at it close cause if it starts melting it with turn to water-like fast

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there metal, when I put in my lug crimper and hit it with a 3lb hammer, it just put a small dent in it.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 41bowtie@Nov 12 2008, 09:31 PM~12141208
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDkNMDDrBs

hope this helps you out Edmund

Thats what I nedded to see and know, thanks
:thumbsup: Didnt think of looking on youtube, I go there for all kinds of info. :angry:

And thanks to all the others for their input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts