LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since u have helped me out many times in the past ........i have been thinking about this all day now im no genious but i can be prety inventive i think what u need to do is make a slingshot set up for your caddi, it works for impalla why not for caddilac , i might be wrong but i thought i read 50+ inches of lockup , im not sure if it will work i havent had time to try it ,but its just been siting in the back of my mind, try it who knows could work / GOOD LUCK / Tony

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I would mention though that to the best of my knowledge, guys run the slingshot or "wishbone" setup specefically for those older Impala's to eliminate the panhard rod's they use.

For the caddy, it has pretty much boiled down to the fact that a 4 link with extremely long and remounted upper and lower trailing arms is going to be the trick, if I end up deciding to make the car stand up, and still be a driver. I learned that most of those circus cars that stand up cannot 3 wheel anymore, and are shit to drive because of the lateral sway of the rear end. Several guys in another topic helped clear alot of that stuff up for me.

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
Originally posted by phat2600@Oct 13 2003, 03:34 PM
since u have helped me out many times in the past ........i have been thinking about this all day now im no genious but i can be prety inventive i think what u need to do is make a slingshot set up for your caddi, it works for impalla why not for caddilac , i might be wrong but i thought i read 50+ inches of lockup , im not sure if it will work i havent had time to try it ,but its just been siting in the back of my mind, try it who knows could work / GOOD LUCK / Tony
Thats been done already on somethin other than an impala, works pretty good for lockup ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts