LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :( :angry: Theres no power to fuel pump in my gas tank 4.1 EFI v8 checked my fuses,changed my fuel pump relay and still no power to my fuel pump when I turn the key forward. Help me out homies I dont want to send it to the caddyhouse I called alot of shops and they ask me what kind of car it is and they say we cant help caddys are known for problems I cant get any body to even look at it I hope the homies on lil can help me out thx

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by CADDY82DEVILLE@Aug 3 2005, 04:10 AM~3532378
:(  :(  :angry:  Theres no power to fuel pump in my gas tank 4.1 EFI v8 checked my fuses,changed my fuel pump relay and still no power to my fuel pump when I turn the key forward. Help me out homies I dont want to send it to the caddyhouse I called alot of shops and they ask me what kind of car it is and they say we cant help caddys are known for problems I cant get any body to even look at it  I hope the homies on lil can help me out thx
this is just a thought, since i had a similar problem with mine a while back.

The fuel pump has a wire that is connected with the oil pump switch, if theres an oil pressure problem, it will kill the fuel pump so thus shutting off the motor. Well, what was wrong with mine was not actually a oil pressure problem, but one the the wires had warn through and was touching the exhaust and when the exhaust got hot, it killed the fuel pump since it made it think there was an oil pressure problem. Just an idea.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
If you check what 83Coupe says and that doesnt fix it, check the ground to the pump. You may have to drop the gas tank.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Aug 4 2005, 03:28 PM~3541813
this is just a thought, since i had a similar problem with mine a while back.

The fuel pump has a wire that is connected with the oil pump switch, if theres an oil pressure problem, it will kill the fuel pump so thus shutting off the motor.  Well, what was wrong with mine was not actually a oil pressure problem, but one the the wires had warn through and was touching the exhaust and when the exhaust got hot, it killed the fuel pump since it made it think there was an oil pressure problem.  Just an idea.
kind of what i was thinking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts