LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 84 caddy coupe that im building, but i can make up my mind between bags or juice . i just want to cruise around with the back bumper as low as the one in the pic below. im not to interested in hopping or three wheeling or breakdowns and recharging for the matter . so bags are a better choice for my plans right ?

CAN BAGS SET A CADDY THIS LOW IN BACK ?

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by HATCHMO92@Sep 1 2005, 02:07 PM~3734108
i have a 84 caddy coupe that im building, but i can make up my mind between bags or juice . i just want to cruise around with the back bumper as low as the one in the pic below.  im not to interested in hopping or three wheeling or breakdowns and recharging for the matter . so bags are a better choice for my plans right ?

CAN BAGS SET A CADDY THIS LOW IN BACK ?
Yes bags are better for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hell yeah bags are better. the rides way better. get some drag blocks for the hell of it.throwin sparks is a true head turner.

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by tytsdime@Sep 1 2005, 03:06 PM~3734477
hell yeah bags are better. the rides way better. get some drag blocks for the hell of it.throwin sparks is a true head turner.
You can actually get accumulators for juice that ride lots better than bags..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so bags are the way to go ?

what type of set-up should i run , how big of tank , how strong of a compressor . or could i just pick up a kit? cost is a big factor

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by HATCHMO92@Sep 1 2005, 07:32 PM~3736254
ok so bags are the way to go ?

what type of set-up should i run , how big of tank , how strong of a compressor . or could i just pick up a kit? cost is a big factor
nither one is trouble free.
how ever the hydraulics will be more up keep, but to have a LOW matnince air bag set up, it will not be the best, IMO. you wont have a york compressor which makes no more noise than an A/c compressor being on. fills the tank in very good time and makes great pressure.

so, it just depends. do what ever one you wanna do.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
you can have almost maintanance free hydros. get a 2 pump competition kit, 4 accumalators, 4 batterys and a streetcharger. it will be more expensive. but itll be a good, reliable setup.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Sep 1 2005, 08:51 PM~3736765
you can have almost maintanance free hydros. get a 2 pump competition kit, 4 accumalators, 4 batterys and a streetcharger. it will be more expensive. but itll be a good, reliable setup.
still gotta maintain it thow, cylinder rings should be changed and check on how much volts your batteries have to make sure they are holding a charge

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
You can hop with bags, and if you can hop with hydros, you usually have a shitty ride since you can't use accumulators. It's not as messy when you blow a bag as when you break a cylinder, too.

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
For you. ;)

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by Syte@Sep 2 2005, 09:31 AM~3739171
You can hop with bags, and if you can hop with hydros, you usually have a shitty ride since you can't use accumulators. It's not as messy when you blow a bag as when you break a cylinder, too.
YOU ARE SOO FULL OF SHIT,QUIT TRYING TO FEED THE NEWBIES LIES!!!!
I have an 84 deville on hydralics6 batts,2 pump set-up,accumulators in the back only,it rides better then air,and it hops like a mofo,and gets huge 3 wheels!
I cruise daily,and at least 2-3 times a week i drive an hour to cruise in a larger city,i've had no problems all summer besides replacing a couple solenoids,and charging batteries is fuck all,I do it like every week or 2 depending on how much switch hitting i do.You air ride guys are such bitches when it comes to things you have no clue about!

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
Oreally?

Good for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by lowdeville@Sep 2 2005, 02:14 PM~3740297
YOU ARE SOO FULL OF SHIT,QUIT TRYING TO FEED THE NEWBIES LIES!!!!
I have an 84 deville on hydralics6 batts,2 pump set-up,accumulators in the back only,it rides better then air,and it hops like a mofo,and gets huge 3 wheels!
I cruise daily,and at least 2-3 times a week i drive an hour to cruise in a larger city,i've had no problems all summer besides replacing a couple solenoids,and charging batteries is fuck all,I do it like every week or 2 depending on how much switch hitting i do.You air ride guys are such bitches when it comes to things you have no clue about!
fuck! get a nitrogen tank,and bags. trust me youll get high, real high. my friend has a monte and nitrogen set up. he had the pressure pretty low and in one tap of the switch got her off the ground from a laying position.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Originally posted by Syte@Sep 2 2005, 12:31 PM~3739171
i've been around juiced cars a pretty damn long time and i think throughout all those years, i've only heard of a broken cylinder no more than once or twice. (its rare to break one). now a hose, thats a different story.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Originally posted by tytsdime@Sep 2 2005, 06:31 PM~3741333
fuck! get a nitrogen tank,and bags. trust me youll get high, real high. my friend has a monte and nitrogen set up. he had the pressure pretty low and in one tap of the switch got her off the ground from a laying position.
i bet she didnt get no more than a few inches higher than that.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I AM BUILDING A FLEETWOOD AND THERE REALLY AINT KNOW BODY TO SERVE HERE SO I AM GOING TO BAG MY CAR JUST A LIL PLAY ON WAYS TO SHOWS

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by tytsdime@Sep 2 2005, 03:31 PM~3741333
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT!!!
Still sounds like a fucking transit bus! :uh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts