LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tryed starting my 81 caddy and it turned over but it didnt spark i cheked the plugs for spark no spark so i took off the distributor and made shure it was dry i put it on and i tryed it again no spark

the pugs are good got them 3 days ago what the fuck is wrong with this ...... is it the coil or is it a fuse caddilc engines are complicated and i dont know where to start looking for the pproblem can some one help me out id appriciaate it

thanks david

·
Registered
715 Posts
its the ECM, 1 little thing wrong w/ a sensor, or wiring it will bug the whole system, really depend on what trouble codes it spits out

·
Registered
715 Posts
its most likley the fuel pressure regulator, not recieving the correct signal from the digital F.I. sys.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Originally posted by 714RIDERZ@Dec 7 2003, 08:52 PM
it could be a coil or an ignition control module
if its getting fuel and no spark, this is probably your problem. This is located inside the distributor cap, underneath the rotor

·
Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by Top_Dog_Calistyle+Dec 10 2003, 02:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Top_Dog_Calistyle @ Dec 10 2003, 02:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--714RIDERZ@Dec 7 2003, 08:52 PM
if its getting fuel and no spark, this is probably your problem. This is located inside the distributor cap, underneath the rotor[/b][/quote]
This is what it was on my 88 GT. I just fixed it yesterday.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Originally posted by Top_Dog_Calistyle+Dec 9 2003, 08:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Top_Dog_Calistyle @ Dec 9 2003, 08:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--714RIDERZ@Dec 7 2003, 08:52 PM
if its getting fuel and no spark, this is probably your problem. This is located inside the distributor cap, underneath the rotor[/b][/quote]
I'll bet u its the ignition mod!!! Never seen a coil go bad yet..... JUST BE SURE YOU BUY AC DELCO!!!! If that doesnt fix it is the pick up coil (not the coil) again only use AC DELCO in your distributor.... It will save you from fixing it again and again..... Trust me on this one ;)

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
I had a similar problem a while back. It could be the sensors.
My problem was the cam sensor got moved when I took out a starter. Have you done any work latley on it?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Originally posted by Top_Dog_Calistyle+Dec 9 2003, 06:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Top_Dog_Calistyle @ Dec 9 2003, 06:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--714RIDERZ@Dec 7 2003, 08:52 PM
this is more than likely it. plus its cheap, easy, and you could prob. use one anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts