LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 82 fleetwood wandering how much to lengthen uppers and lower goin to run 20 inch cylinders and trying to get alot of lift but not wanting ot lose my pivit point in the rear was thinking 4 inchs on loweres and six on top to get pinion angle good for when it is up ??? anyone

O

·
0 Posts
well id relocate the mount down by your lower mounts, and the lengths should be pretty close to the same length, you just gonna have to get out the ol tape measure and do some math!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Hmadhopper@Dec 28 2003, 08:24 PM
got a 82 fleetwood wandering how much to lengthen uppers and lower goin to run 20 inch cylinders and trying to get alot of lift but not wanting ot lose my pivit point in the rear was thinking 4 inchs on loweres and six on top to get pinion angle good for when it is up ??? anyone
if you extend your lowers you'll need to relocate the frame mounts foward just as long as you extend them, and relocating the upper frame mounts will change the geometry so when the car locks up it allso steers the pinion upwards towards the tranny so you can drive fully locked up... (if done right) ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Dec 29 2003, 04:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Dec 29 2003, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hmadhopper@Dec 28 2003, 08:24 PM
if you extend your lowers you'll need to relocate the frame mounts foward just as long as you extend them, and relocating the upper frame mounts will change the geometry so when the car locks up it allso steers the pinion upwards towards the tranny so you can drive fully locked up... (if done right) ;)[/b][/quote]
;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I have a question, I was thinking of just putting some 14's or 16's in the rear of my 78 coupe,( coil over ) what mod would I have to do if any to make this work right?

O

·
0 Posts
well you gonna have to lower your upper trailing arm mount if oyu wan to get full lock up of of it ;)

hope this helps?!

Last edited by Equipped Customs at Dec 29 2003, 05:05 PM

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Dec 29 2003, 03:05 PM
well you gonna have to lower your upper trailing arm mount if oyu wan to get full lock up of of it ;)

hope this helps?!
i understand what you are saying but i am trying to picture it,

so can i simply weld something there to act like an extension for the mount ?? and if so, how much would I have to lower it??

you are not saying move the mount towards the rear of the car, just lower the mount from the bottom of the car?

And how much would i have to extend my trailing arms for full lock up ?

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Top_Dog_Calistyle+Dec 29 2003, 05:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Top_Dog_Calistyle @ Dec 29 2003, 05:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Equipped Customs@Dec 29 2003, 03:05 PM

hope this helps?!
i understand what you are saying but i am trying to picture it,

so can i simply weld something there to act like an extension for the mount ?? and if so, how much would I have to lower it??

you are not saying move the mount towards the rear of the car, just lower the mount from the bottom of the car?

And how much would i have to extend my trailing arms for full lock up ?[/b][/quote]
so can i simply weld something there to act like an extension for the mount ?? YES

you are not saying move the mount towards the rear of the car, just lower the mount from the bottom of the car? NO

And how much would i have to extend my trailing arms for full lock up ? DEPENDS, BEST WAY TO FIND OUT IS MEASURE :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts