LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
hydroblood
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the tranny, then started it up and it cut off, now it wont crank, it ran good before i put the new tranny in what could be wrong?, anybody got any idea's

·
Registered
188 Posts
on the pass side by the oil filter there are 3 wires that go to the oil pressure sinding unit check the wires make sure you did not pinch them,they might be bare most of them are. tape them up or replace,

·
hydroblood
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, everytime i try to start the car it blows the fuel pump fuse? i am lost,

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
whoa whoa ! my caddy did the exact same thing....im talking exact same!! new tranny blown fuel pump fuse? every time.. i couldnt figure it out (either could any one else) I used it as a excuse to put the 350 sbc in it. but this very interesting :0

·
Brougham
2,240 Posts
Originally posted by PIMPDADDYCADDY1966@Aug 22 2005, 10:15 PM~3672656
on the pass side by the oil filter there are 3 wires that go to the oil pressure sinding unit check the wires make sure you did not pinch them,they might be bare most of them are. tape them up or replace,
do what this guy said :)

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
just check the wires

·
hydroblood
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks fellas, i checked them and sure enough they were pinched togather and melted a lil, i fixed it and its doing pretty good now, i have to break it in tomarrow, the tranny is still hesitating to change gears so hopefully itll work out, thanks again

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by PIMPDADDYCADDY1966@Aug 25 2005, 10:07 PM~3692347
is it shifting hard like its not wanting to change gears,if so adjust the D-tent cable
ok check that the vacuum modulator if applicable is hooked up ...

·
hydroblood
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok now it is shifting hard and i have to get up to some speed to change gears, and when it does it jerks into gear, i need more info one the d-tent cable and the vacuum modulator, thanks for yall's help

·
Registered
188 Posts
it doesn't have a vacume modulator. the dtint cable is on the passenger side of the throtle body. at the top of the cable, there will be a little spot on the cable where u can push down and push the cable back in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts