LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 85 CADILLAC THAT IM PARTING OUT AND I WAS THINKING OF TAKING THE A-ARMS & SPINDLES AND PUTTING THEM ON MY CUTLASS. FIRST QUESTION IS IF I USE THE CADDY UPPER ARMS ON THE CUTLASS WILL IT LOOK LIKE THE ARMS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED AN INCH? FROM WHAT IVE HEARD PUTTING CADDY OR CAPRICE UPPERS ON A G-BODY AUTOMATICALLY EXTENDS THE TIRES AND INCH SINCE THEY ARE BIGGER ARMS, IS THAT TRUE? SECOND QUESTION IS IF I USE THE ARMS AND SPINDLES DO I USE THE LOWER ARMS ALSO? THIRD QUESTION, IS IT POSSIBLE TO JUST USE THE CADDY UPPER A-ARMS ONLY, ON THE CUTLASS?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by TEMPER909IE@May 24 2011, 08:11 PM~20621596
I HAVE A 85 CADILLAC THAT IM PARTING OUT AND I WAS THINKING OF TAKING THE A-ARMS & SPINDLES AND PUTTING THEM ON MY CUTLASS. FIRST QUESTION IS IF I USE THE CADDY UPPER ARMS ON THE CUTLASS WILL IT LOOK LIKE THE ARMS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED AN INCH? FROM WHAT IVE HEARD PUTTING CADDY OR CAPRICE UPPERS ON A G-BODY AUTOMATICALLY EXTENDS THE TIRES AND INCH SINCE THEY ARE BIGGER ARMS, IS THAT TRUE? SECOND QUESTION IS IF I USE THE ARMS AND SPINDLES DO I USE THE LOWER ARMS ALSO? THIRD QUESTION, IS IT POSSIBLE TO JUST USE THE CADDY UPPER A-ARMS ONLY, ON THE CUTLASS?
yes the arms are 1 inch longer than the g bodies.. the caddy spindles are stronger then ur g body spindles and they will give u more lock up...u still use ur g body lowers. u can use just the caddy upper, but if ur car lays lower then stock the angle on the balljoint is different than the angle on the balljoint of a g body..therefore youre better off running the caddy spindles as well

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
IF YOU INSTALL THE CADDY UPPERS THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU A INCH JUST REINFORCE THEM AND IF YOU INSTALL THE SPINDLES THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU ANOTHER INCH AND YOU ARE GOING TO SIT UP HIGHER UP FRONT (ROOM FOR MORE COIL) YOU CAN KEEP THE CUTTY LOWERS

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@May 24 2011, 08:18 PM~20621654
yes the arms are 1 inch longer than the g bodies.. the caddy spindles are stronger then ur g body spindles and they will give u more lock up...u still use ur g body lowers. u can use just the caddy upper, but if ur car lays lower then stock the angle on the balljoint is different than the angle on the balljoint of a g body..therefore youre better off running the caddy spindles as well
DAM BEAT ME TO IT LOL

·
New Vision CC
3,950 Posts
ur gonna have to modify the caddy arms to fit to ur cutty. the caddy arms (from bushing to bushing) is farther apart then a regular g-body a-arm.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@May 24 2011, 07:18 PM~20621654
caddy uppers and spindles it is then! Thanks...any other info. i should know, will i have to do any modifications or can i just bolt up everything?

·
Registered
360 Posts
We use the gbody bars inside the cadi arms!!from bushing to bushing

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by hittheswitch808@May 24 2011, 08:32 PM~20622386
We use the gbody bars inside the cadi arms!!from bushing to bushing
Thanks for clearing that up cuz i thought i was gonna have trouble for a minute

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Originally posted by TEMPER909IE@May 24 2011, 09:28 PM~20622349
DO I HAVE TO USE THE CADILLAC BRAKES AND WHAT NOT TOO?
YEA USE ALL CADDY GEAR BREAK LINES,ROTORS,CALIPERS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by TEMPER909IE@May 24 2011, 09:22 PM~20622292
caddy uppers and spindles it is then! Thanks...any other info. i should know, will i have to do any modifications or can i just bolt up everything?
Ya like someone already mentioned before u have to use the rod on the g body arm with the caddy. Easiest way to accomplish this is by cutting the g body ears off with the dog bone still attached. Generally I say cut 1 inch infront of the bushings. Then cut the same amount off ur caddy arm. This way ur putting back on the same amount of material u cut off. Now to get the caddy arm to accept the g body material is to cut the entire top plate out of the caddy arm so that u got maybe a 1/4 inch of material of the top plate left. This will allow u to be able to bend the sides of the caddy arm to meet the g body ears. Once they are welded together now u can weld on a new top plate to the caddy arm. And with that 1/4 inch of material u left on the top it gives you something to weld the underside to

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@May 25 2011, 12:15 AM~20624024
Ya like someone already mentioned before u have to use the rod on the g body arm with the caddy. Easiest way to accomplish this is by cutting the g body ears off with the dog bone still attached. Generally I say cut 1 inch infront of the bushings. Then cut the same amount off ur caddy arm. This way ur putting back on the same amount of material u cut off. Now to get the caddy arm to accept the g body material is to cut the entire top plate out of the caddy arm so that u got maybe a 1/4 inch of material of the top plate left. This will allow u to be able to bend the sides of the caddy arm to meet the g body ears. Once they are welded together now u can weld on a new top plate to the caddy arm. And with that 1/4 inch of material u left on the top it gives you something to weld the underside to
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@May 25 2011, 01:15 AM~20624024
That is the hard way. Just cut out the top of the caddy arm and use caddy bushings with the g-body crossbar. No need to cut out the bushing holes. Then weld a new top on the arm and you are good for normal use. If you are gonna hop you should reinforce the side also.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by yetti@May 25 2011, 05:57 PM~20627983
That is the hard way. Just cut out the top of the caddy arm and use caddy bushings with the g-body crossbar. No need to cut out the bushing holes. Then weld a new top on the arm and you are good for normal use. If you are gonna hop you should reinforce the side also.
I had forgot u can still use the caddy bushings and ears on the g body bar. That is a lot easier to just bolt the bar on which will pull the ears in. Then plate top.

·
FUCK YOU
2,006 Posts
I wouldn't do that I would just keep the g-body uppers extend them to what ya want and just put caprice spindles(the caprice spindles will fit perfect on the lowwer arms) you'll get even more lock up and the arms won't hit the frame if you look at the g-body arms and the cadi/caprice arms the g-bodys are deeper than the big body arms.....

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by woeone23@May 27 2011, 08:02 AM~20639865
I wouldn't do that I would just keep the g-body uppers extend them to what ya want and just put caprice spindles(the caprice spindles will fit perfect on the lowwer arms)  you'll get even more lock up and the arms won't hit the frame if you look at the g-body arms and the cadi/caprice arms the g-bodys are deeper than the big body arms.....
So i could just use the cadillac spindles for the higher lock up and everything will bolt up easier and be fine?

·
tops down bitch
3,541 Posts
if your running 13'' your gona need a spacer tho,caprice spindles work better with the 11'' rotor but will work fine with a spacer aswel

·
FUCK YOU
2,006 Posts
Originally posted by TEMPER909IE@May 27 2011, 12:30 PM~20641719
So i could just use the cadillac spindles for the higher lock up and everything will bolt up easier and be fine?
No caprice the ones people say they the same but the cadi is a lil diff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts