LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am considering an engine swap in my 91 Brougham. It has the stock 305 in it now, but with bad rings, plenty of blow by, and kinda doggy performance to begin with, I am thinking I want something more. I was thinking of a GM Goodwrench crate 350, but I need to know if anyone has done this before. I will be going from TBI to carbureted, and I am not even sure if the bell housings will match up correctly. I am hoping that someone can tell me what I am getting into, I don't have to worry about labor if I decide to go through with it, so all the cost will be in parts, machining, etc....

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought a extra 90 for parts and I was lucky cause it had all the 90 parts were there the motor tranny all that it was wrecked but nothing bad. Any way it has a 350 which is still good so I asked my homeboy (he’s a real good mechanic) about the swap and he said that the caddy has like 6 computers and it was a lot of shit to mess with & not to do it unless my motor went bad for some reason.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
a dawg i got 2 350 chevy motors 1's a 350 4bolt main wit a 750 eldablock corburator fully decked out and damn its got da power i also have another 350 it runs like hell 2 i thought about takin 1 350 out an puttin it in my 64 impala but my 327 has got it beat it built da ass an my high hores heads help alot but if i did change my motor i got a 305 wit a buit cam and bored an everythang but it eill probalby be da 1 i change in 2 it gimme a holla if u interseted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts