LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find out the name of the color and the code and to see about how much its gonna cost ???

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
All cadillac colors are tri- stage. therfore they are going to cost you about 1/3 more than a regular paint job. Just go to a Gm dealer and have them look up the paint code.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Dec 6 2003, 02:17 PM
BMw does not make their own paint. They buy it from different manufacturers just like everyone else!
Theres a guy in NY, who brought a brand new EXT.. He wanted Blue, but blue wasnt available yet.. So he bought a white EXT, and sanded it down.. He bought the blue used by BMW M3, and sprayed it himself! He took it to the Detroit Auto Show, Cadillac saw the responses from the Blue ext. And begun making the available in M3 blue..

Watch Funk Master Flex show, and youll probably see for yourself!

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Good lord you all watch too much dman TV.

Cadillac only makes 2 tri stage colors, Pearl red, and Pearl white. the rest are 2 stage. The blue may be similar to Bmw's but its not exactly the same.

Now to answer your question! Open the trunk. On the underside of it there is a white sticker with a bunch of numbers. On the bottom row is your paint code. It will probably say upper and lower and have a 4 digit numer/letter code after it. The codes should both be the same because its not 2 tone.

Just take that number, put the letters "WA" in front of it and type it into a search. Or go to paint manufacturers website like sherwin williams i know u can type the code in and it will give you prices and the info from the code.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Dec 6 2003, 02:12 PM

Cadillac only makes 2 tri stage colors, Pearl red, and Pearl white. the rest are 2 stage. The blue may be similar to Bmw's but its not exactly the same.

Now to answer your question! Open the trunk. On the underside of it there is a white sticker with a bunch of numbers. On the bottom row is your paint code. It will probably say upper and lower and have a 4 digit numer/letter code after it. The codes should both be the same because its not 2 tone.

Just take that number, put the letters "WA" in front of it and type it into a search. Or go to paint manufacturers website like sherwin williams i know u can type the code in and it will give you prices and the info from the code.
whats up big doe

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida+Dec 6 2003, 01:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (northcoastrida @ Dec 6 2003, 01:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz@Dec 6 2003, 02:17 PM
BMw does not make their own paint.  They buy it from different manufacturers just like everyone else!
Theres a guy in NY, who brought a brand new EXT.. He wanted Blue, but blue wasnt available yet.. So he bought a white EXT, and sanded it down.. He bought the blue used by BMW M3, and sprayed it himself! He took it to the Detroit Auto Show, Cadillac saw the responses from the Blue ext. And begun making the available in M3 blue..

Watch Funk Master Flex show, and youll probably see for yourself![/b][/quote]
I work for a body shop that is an accredited BMW and Mercedes shop!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea thats the color i got something from anothers site forum they say its called "out of the blue" and some code 91u code .. i have no idea i guess i have to go to the caddy dealer to see .......

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
no just look under the trunk lid thats the only way u can know for sure. no one can tell you positively what color it is w/o lookin at that number

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Dec 7 2003, 06:36 PM
no just look under the trunk lid thats the only way u can know for sure. no one can tell you positively what color it is w/o lookin at that number
sorry to tell you but i dont think the ext has a trunk lid :( on the ext you would have to check the glove box if it has one who knows what all the different shit cars and trucks have now

Last edited by BIGTONY at Dec 7 2003, 06:43 PM

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY+Dec 7 2003, 07:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BIGTONY @ Dec 7 2003, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Doe@Dec 7 2003, 06:36 PM
sorry to tell you but i dont think the ext has a trunk lid :( on the ext you would have to check the glove box if it has one who knows what all the different shit cars and trucks have now[/b][/quote]
That's right GM trucks have all the info in the glove box! All you need is that code and any paint company can reference the color from that code! ;)

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
my bad, i read the topic wrong. I thought he was tryin to find the code for his lac. But yea the code for an ext would be in the glove box

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Dec 6 2003, 02:12 PM

Yea.................what BigDoe said only their pearls are 3 stage because the pearl is separate, not mixed

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
The name is "Out of the blue" I saw it on the window sticker 6 months ago ;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
forget that color its gonna be to much of a mission im thinking of going with another blue dont know yet gotta see dont wana go wit candy though ...... any sujestions ?

Last edited by miaryder05 at Dec 13 2003, 07:51 PM

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by miaryder05@Dec 13 2003, 06:50 PM
forget that color its gonna be to much of a mission im thinking of going with another blue dont know yet gotta see dont wana go wit candy though ...... any sujestions ?
dude call the local cadi dealer or go by there and ask them the color code they should give it to you then take it to the paint store and they can make it for you

·
Registered
880 Posts
did anyone see that tight blue ext in the new memphis bleek video. It has 24 inch spinners and gull wing doors

1 - 19 of 19 Posts