LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that all full size RWD cadillac frames are identical, from like 85 to 96. Coupe DeVille, Sedan Deville and Fleetwood Brougham. Anyone out there who can confirm this who has actually done the swap?

Looking to find a donor frame for my 91 Fleetwood, and trying to find out what fits. Always thought a Coupe frame would be shorter than a Fleetwood or Sedan Deville, but have been told otherwise. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
they are the same size from i think 77 to 92 not sure on the 77 to 79 but i know it is the same from 80 -92 thats for sure

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Frames are the same. There is a diffrence on the cross member where the motor mounts. 93-96 the motor mounts sit towards the front And older cars sit towards the rear of the cross member. If you have access to both cars you can tell just by looking at them with the hood up.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Santa Paula Ca. Is where I was born and raised. Phoenix is where I am at now. Mar and Jupitir are next

Last edited by Twiins at Oct 25 2003, 04:20 PM

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yep Santa Paula 12th Street. Dont know about killing though!. Are you from there.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I PM you

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by fleetwoodcabron@Oct 25 2003, 05:00 PM
they are the same size from i think 77 to 92 not sure on the 77 to 79 but i know it is the same from 80 -92 thats for sure
yeah 77-92 rwd all the same!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
77-92 are the same, the only difference is the anti-lock brakes and what ever other wiring and hoses on the newer caddies.

if you have a newer caddy and get and older frame, just drill some holes to run the lines through.

:),

cc

·
Registered
962 Posts
the frames are the same fr 77-92 rwd 4door or 2door but big bodies are different still can be used with mod's never tried it. ask ron from black magic he will know..

·
Registered
962 Posts
the frames are the same fr 77-92 rwd 4door or 2door but big bodies are different still can be used with mod's never tried it. ask ron from black magic he will know..

·
Registered
66 Posts
77-96 rearwheal drive lac frames are the same and all the suspension are also the same you can even use box and bubble suspension parts for your lac.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts