LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 84 coupe deville w/ a sbc 350,center bolt valve covers........ not a vortec...... i need to order some headers does any one know what body it is???? or what i need to order the headers for to fit????

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Hey caranto. This is what I'm doing w/ mine. I basicly have a sbc 350 in my Big Body. Its hell finding anything for a Lac performance wise...
Anyway, I'm gonna use shorty headers for a sbc, then run the exhaust back from there. Shorties are pretty much universal in that they don't go back far enough to have to worry about what car their for. Then you personalize the rest according to your car.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool!!! i was told 80's caprice would fit? i was going ot get the short headers but not the shorty block hugger style ,looks kinda street rodder style

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 23 2005, 08:57 AM~3870977
Hey caranto. This is what I'm doing w/ mine. I basicly have a sbc 350 in my Big Body. Its hell finding anything for a Lac performance wise...
Anyway, I'm gonna use shorty headers for a sbc, then run the exhaust back from there. Shorties are pretty much universal in that they don't go back far enough to have to worry about what car their for. Then you personalize the rest according to your car.
Look forsome for a 94-96 Impala SS or a 91-96 Caprice these cars have the same engine,and should be close to what both of you need

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Sep 23 2005, 06:23 PM~3873455
Look forsome for a 94-96 Impala SS or a 91-96 Caprice these cars have the same engine,and should be close to what both of you need
headers for those are high as fuck :angry:

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
I used heaman headers for a SBC worked perfect, was gonna do the shorty style but didnt use them

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Sep 24 2005, 08:14 PM~3879011
headers for those are high as fuck  :angry:
Yeah they are, but they do work perfectly :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by caranto@Sep 23 2005, 10:15 AM~3871051
cool!!!  i was told 80's caprice would fit?  i was going ot get the short headers but not the shorty block hugger style ,looks kinda street rodder style
Thats what I would do, go 80s chevy full size since the body size/frame is about the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts