LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1991 caddy fleetwood FWD with the electronic climate control. and the problem is that nothing blows out.

i took it to a mechanic and he had it a couple days and he couldnt find out what was wrong. the controls all work, all the buttons work, you can change the temp, the blower settings, everything still works. you can hear the heater motor ON, but no air comes out of the vents. the defroster, front, or the rear- nothing comes out.

he checked the codes and it never said anything wrong. he pretty much gave up on it because he has no idea what is wrong.

i live in New England, and its winter time now, so i need it fixed or i wont be able to drive my car once it starts snowing. the car is at my house and i can go out there and check anything if someone thinks of something.

the other thing is that i dont think i want to take it to a caddy dealer cause they will rape me for $$. but i do need it fixed.

i have my project 82 coupe with electronic climate control... but i doubt any of the parts are interchangable.... but maybe?

anyways, ANY help would be cool.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
why would the blower motor have any trouble codes?

anyway, you say you can hear it run, but no air is moving..

is there a cable operated door or something in the ductwork, and maybe a cable went bad?

could the fan have come loose from the motor?

I cant say that I know what that cars heating system is like, but those things might be worth checking..

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about the codes... i was just saying that the mechanic went through all the codes and nothing came out wrong.

he also looked to see if a door had got locked shut and all that, and said it all came back fine. honestly, i have no idea what to even say besides the motor goes on and nothing comes out

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
that is a commen problem on them caddies from 89-93. it happened to mine but i sold the car and never fixed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts