LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to had to my lowrider model collection... I am wanting to get a 1990-1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham badly... I don't care if it's a kit, a done model, some 1 else's build, etc... Just want to have a 90's 4 door Brougham for my case... Thanks and take care... Trevis

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the two door Coupe Caddy?!??! Some 1 has to know something... I am sure some 1 makes or has made these... Thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by 306caddy@Nov 27 2003, 03:52 PM
why don't they make many cadillac models?
:dunno: , but if some one does, they will make alot of $$$$

maybe after the LRM caddy comes out, and sales are good. maybe 1 of the compaines would make one in plastic

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Originally posted by babybikeboi2@Nov 27 2003, 03:47 PM
it seems like every week we get someone looking for a cadilac kit? maybe it should be pinned?  :dunno:
Amen to that.

As to why they don't make any, it's anyone's guess. In the past (looong time ago) Cadillacs just weren't cool, people wanted the Impalas, the Galaxies, the Camaros, muscle car stuff. Johan bucked the trend by producing a lot of 60s Cadillacs and other oddball stuff like Plymouths and Chrysler. Johan went under a long time ago and was recently brought back with a small selection of remaining models (Ramber Wagon :uh: and maybe a 76 Eldorado). I heard that the 79 Cadillac mold was damaged beyond repair and used as scrap. As far as the present, the lowrider movement just recently blew up in the mid-90s. Model companies are trying to cover all their bases by releasing models that lowriders and muscle/stock car builders can both buy. Cadillacs don't really have that versatility. It also costs a fortune to make a new mold, which is why they rerelease older models as lowriders. I think the Lindberg Caddy is a direct ripoff from the Johan version, and who know why they half assed it as a dancer.

Here's a little piece of history for you that I snapped when I lived in Detroit. Notice the dates...

before

after

K. Diaz

Last edited by BigPoppa at Nov 27 2003, 07:17 PM

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Accually Revell/Monogram is supose to come out with a Lowrider Magazine edition 1980 cadillac in Dec. I would not expect it to come out till next year though.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
IT'S DIG TO THA RESCUE<<<<
This just in.. I found someone that does make a 95 Deville out of resin. They also make a 92 Seville, 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 94 Eldo, 79 Eldo,76 Fleetwood & a 72 Riviera. Most come with interiors. The name of the company is TKM Resin. They don't have a website, but he is willing to send you pic's thru mail. I don't have their ph.# here right now. I'll post it here ASAP for y'all. For the over anxious, I found their list of kits & ph # & actually an email address at http://resinrealm.net/ thru another link page & I also have the price list that is not on that site that I'll have to find & post.

You are so very, very welcome...
Peace,
THA DIG Y'ALL ;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Originally posted by dig_derange@Nov 29 2003, 01:21 PM
IT'S DIG TO THA RESCUE<<<<
This just in.. I found someone that does make a 95 Deville out of resin. They also make a 92 Seville, 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 94 Eldo, 79 Eldo,76 Fleetwood & a 72 Riviera. Most come with interiors. The name of the company is TKM Resin. They don't have a website, but he is willing to send you pic's thru mail. I don't have their ph.# here right now. I'll post it here ASAP for y'all. For the over anxious, I found their list of kits & ph # & actually an email address at http://resinrealm.net/ thru another link page & I also have the price list that is not on that site that I'll have to find & post.

You are so very, very welcome...
Peace,
THA DIG Y'ALL ;)
nice job homie

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Yeah, really I've never seen one up close, & I wondered why no one ever heard of them. So, I don't doubt it. But what kind of experience have you had with them? Are they shitty because of their casting ( you know bubbles, flash & workable imperfections) or are they just bad & inaccurate models in whole? I'm curious because I was seriously planning on picking one up for my next project. I can work with resin, but if it's that bad, I'll have to take your word.

Peace,
Tha Dig.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Originally posted by dig_derange@Nov 29 2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah, really I've never seen one up close, & I wondered why no one ever heard of them. So, I don't doubt it. But what kind of experience have you had with them? Are they shitty because of their casting ( you know bubbles, flash & workable imperfections) or are they just bad & inaccurate models in whole? I'm curious because I was seriously planning on picking one up for my next project. I can work with resin, but if it's that bad, I'll have to take your word.

Peace,
Tha Dig.
this look workable to you?

They're just plain, all out, inaccurate, rough, shitty, you name it bad. I've never seen one built up nice.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
641 Posts
I got the 77 lincoln by TKM at a swapmeet a couple years back and it was basically impossible to work with the body is so thick that you cant even cut out the windows properly...worst resin kit i ever worked with it went straight to the garbage, its a shame cause they have a lot nice years of lincoln's and cadi's but they just suck.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts