LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham w/ the 5.7L motor, before they switched to the fuel injected motor in '94. I've been told by some people that its the same as a Small Block Chevy 350 except it has the throttle body fuel injection.
The way they made it sound is my motor is like a Chevy 350 like the Olds 350 is like the Chevy 350, with only minor differences but basicly the same. Is this true?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
It does have a 350 Small block Chevy engine,not an Olds not a Cadillac motor. Its a 350 Chevy. its also fuel injected,the car should have a TBI. The Cadillac Broughams came with a 307 Olds for the last time in 1990 and it had a Carb.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
yes according to the year the car may have the Chevy Lt-1 350, either way its a small block Chevy.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Sep 22 2005, 05:31 PM~3867076
yes according to the year the car may have the Chevy Lt-1 350, either way its a small block Chevy.
Thats what I argued w/ the guy @ the Cadi dealership about. He argued me up & down I had the LT-1 motor. How the fuck you gonna tell me what I got? :angry:
Cool. Thanks for your help Ulysses

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
how about u post pics

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 24 2005, 03:55 PM~3877703
of what?
of ur rims

WHAT ARE WE TALKIN ABOUT HERE?

THE ENGINE OF COURSE

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
LT1 wasn't until 1994, and you can prove it to him very easily. The LT1 didn't have a belt-driven water pump. There are also obvious difference just looking at it, but that's the dead give-away.

Remember, just because people work at dealerships doesn't mean they know shit at all. I remember calling a Chevy dealership once for parts for my 94 Fleetwood with the LT1, and the fucker goes "Call the Cadillac dealership" and hung up on me. :angry: WTF. It's usually easier in my case just to say Impala SS and they won't argue with you. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts