LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone taken their smog checks on 13's before? Reason I ask is cuz they put u on that machine and make u drive and with the cadillac digital dash being off theres no degree of accuracy so its kinda gonna mess everything up i would imagine? I put new cats on it cuz the old ones were plugged up and all smog equipment is present but i dunno about the 13's and the dash being like 10 mph off

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Aug 22 2006, 04:26 PM~6018877
Anyone taken their smog checks on 13's before? Reason I ask is cuz they put u on that machine and make u drive and with the cadillac digital dash being off theres no degree of accuracy so its kinda gonna mess everything up i would imagine? I put new cats on it cuz the old ones were plugged up and all smog equipment is present but i dunno about the 13's and the dash being like 10 mph off

Brent, Massachusetts is almost as bad as CA when it comes to emissions.. I don't think that's going to throw things off that bad though. Just make sure you blast the car down the freeway for a good drive before going for emissions. it should pass.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hopefully i need to register it and just thinking the 13's and digital dash are gonna make the motor run at a higgher rpm and stuff

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Aug 22 2006, 04:36 PM~6018933
hopefully i need to register it and just thinking the 13's and digital dash are gonna make the motor run at a higgher rpm and stuff
If the sniffer is anything like over here they just give it gas and watch the computer screen and run the car at different RPMs even though the wheels may be on the rolling pads they do that to simulate driving the car under load.

or

How hard is it to buy a sticker in CA and have someone put another car on for you but run your info?

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by blueouija@Aug 22 2006, 02:42 PM~6018968
If the sniffer is anything like over here they just give it gas and watch the computer screen and run the car at different RPMs even though the wheels may be on the rolling pads they do that to simulate driving the car under load.

or

How hard is it to buy a sticker in CA and have someone put another car on for you but run your info?
used to be fairly easy but its changed alot. i gotta do my 96ss next month and i gotta change the air intake and replace the cats cuz i got a check engine light on one side shit sux. fuck smog checks lol

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Aug 22 2006, 05:28 PM~6020213
find a hook up...u know what i mean.
i knoow i know but damn hook up smogs r getting expensive

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Aug 22 2006, 02:26 PM~6018877
Actually, I don't think it will matter. They do most of them by RPM rather than MPH. :)

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps@Aug 22 2006, 10:03 PM~6022166
Actually, I don't think it will matter. They do most of them by RPM rather than MPH. :)
The computer screen on the smog machine shows the mph and the rps and that is what the technian is looking at not your dash whe he is flooring your pedal, he only checks your dash to make sure the check engine light is working properly At least thats what I notice when I took my coupe in couple months ago

you be ah'ite :cool:

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Diss me all you want because I live in Iowa.........

But here in Iowa we dont know what smog tests are??

I mean I know what it is but its not required here.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh well ill see what happens, and im not worried about the check engine light on the 90 dash it would pop up lights required or some bull shit :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
umm bro i live in cali too and they didn't put my car on no machine....i take my shit with the 13's on everytime....they put a thing in your exaust and some shit on the plug or plug wire and they rev your shit up to simulate driving.....then they put it back down to idle to get a read out of the emissions passing through ur car..also they check to make sure your ignition is stock and that all vacume and smog lines are hooked up and running..that is visual inspection...some places don't even trip on the visual..they just go on the computer read out of emissions...

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by capone530@Aug 22 2006, 11:25 PM~6022733
umm bro i live in cali too and they didn't put my car on no machine....i take my shit with the 13's on everytime....they put a thing in your exaust and some shit on the plug or plug wire and they rev your shit up to simulate driving.....then they put it back down to idle to get a read out of the emissions passing through ur car..also they check to make sure your ignition is stock and that all vacume and smog lines are hooked up and running..that is visual inspection...some places don't even trip on the visual..they just go on the computer read out of emissions...

umm all cars go on machines that look like dynos now, maybe you havent smogged anything in a while

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had to take mine to a test only station an they also checked the timing and pressure tested the radiator an gas caps. i was rollin on 14's an passed.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Aug 22 2006, 10:29 PM~6022754
umm all cars go on machines that look like dynos now, maybe you havent smogged anything in a while
i smogged in may..and i been at the smog place last week with my cuz..they just hook it up to the computer..no dino.....they raise the idle to simulate driving..maybe u need to check out some other places..i talked to a homie in sd and he was like WTF he never heard of that shit ur talkin about..i think ur just dealin with a weird ass shop or somthing.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Originally posted by SJ_79caddy@Aug 22 2006, 10:41 PM~6022808
i had to take mine to a test only station an they also checked the timing and pressure tested the radiator an gas caps. i was rollin on 14's an passed.
u might as well have been rolling stocks...lmao :biggrin: actin like 14's was a big deal..big ass bubble tires and shit :uh:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Over here you can't even have knock offs on if you plan on passing, only older vettes are allowed since they came stock.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts