·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got my system installed in my cadillac today. It consists of

2 concept 15'' subs
1 concept 2002 amplifier
1 PPI 2240 amplifier

I had it installed in my 1997 cadillac deville concours.

It hits hard as shit harder than when it was in my 1991 deville.

Ok so heres my ? I am running a factory deck. I have some pioneer 6x9's in the back and was hoping they played lyrics but they dont just mid bass but they pop. It gets really annoying. And my 5-1/4'' speakers in my back doors wont play. I need to get some 6x9 that play strong mid bass. Any suggestions? and for my front 5-1/4'' speakers I am probably going to go with JL's component set. The thing with the component set is it comes with a crossover does that make it louder? Should I get rid of my factory deck and go with a 2 DIN deck? help me out homies! :uh:

·
Registered
217 Posts
First off, switch the deck, second, polk audio has some good 6x9's, and get a crossover.

The deck will sound better, and the crossover will help you to signal out what you want each set of speakers to play.

Holla

:cool:

·
Registered
455 Posts
a aftermarket deck will give you better and more control over the sound. and a crossover with components send the correct freq to the correct speakers ie. midrange freq to the woofer and high freq to the tweeter.

·
Registered
557 Posts
ok... (if you want pioneer) go with the new 2004 deh-p3600... or if you want a more flashier look the 6500.... that is a good deck but do you really want a cassette player???? anyways i recomend the 3600... it is the same exact thing as the 3500(last years model) but it looks a little different...i have the 3500 and it is the best deck that i have eer had... with the pioneers a mids and high amp isn't vital... you could get a way w/o one cuz you can set up you freq so that you can adjust every thing and get good sound all the way around without a mid/high amp.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
an amp for your speakers is the best thing you can do after putting in aftermarket speakers and a deck, makes all the difference in the world

no matter what deck you get, it only puts out like 18-22wRMS tops.... and thats not enough to get good mid-bass

·
Registered
48 Posts
first off switch the deck your sq is going to go through the roof. get some jl vr components and get a small 4 channel amp to push the jl's and make sure it has a high pass filter so you can kill the low frequencies from your mids

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 81regal@Jan 6 2004, 04:41 AM
first off switch the deck your sq is going to go through the roof. get some jl vr components and get a small 4 channel amp to push the jl's and make sure it has a high pass filter so you can kill the low frequencies from your mids
Yeah I wanted to keep the factory deck just to keep it as gangsta as possible but my SQ does suck. I was going to sell this baby...

but instead im going to keep it because its the best deck ive ever had and is a one and a half DIN and has every feature i could want in a deck. So I decided to stop being stubborn and throw this bad boy in there if i want to save my SQ!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts