LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a good digital camera, i have no knowledge about photography at all, but i'm tired of my pictures looking like this...

I would like to spend less than $500. And i want one that can take up close, detailed shots and be very clear.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by hopper_ali@Sep 26 2003, 02:40 PM
sunlight improves pics like that
I know, i've tried everything with the camera i have now. even farther away shots are blurry. and up close ones are impossible.

I have a vivitar by the way ($110)

·
Registered
743 Posts
try B$H photovideo.com

I bought a 3.2 megapixel for under $400, nice Pentax camera. Make sure whateer you get has a macro or closeup mode.
D

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 26 2003, 02:53 PM
i seen some sonys that were like 5.0 MP. they were around my price range, but it didn't say if it had a macro function. What exactly is that anyways?
Macro is a setting on the camera that allows you to focus when you are close to the model
5.0 MP is a nice resolution :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Whats up 1ofaknd. I had the same problems too. All my pics were coming out blurry. A friend pointed out the Macro feature on the camera. Look at your cameras setting, if you see one that looks like a flower, that is the macro setting. It lets you get closer to the object that you are trying to shoot. I took this pic using the macro mode. I was about 6 or 7 inches away from the subject.

I was using a 2 megapixel camera.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
the one i have right now was $1500 but my first one was a Kodak DC215 a VERY good camera, small and square with a nice metal body, 2x zoom, macro, red eye reduction. ran around $250-$300 at the time you can get them alot cheaper on ebay these days though. ;)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Sep 26 2003, 04:03 PM
kinda looks like mine. kodak retail around $175, clearence at Office Max for $75. i just found the close up switch. still need practice.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Armando Ranflitas@Sep 26 2003, 03:55 PM
Whats up 1ofaknd. I had the same problems too. All my pics were coming out blurry. A friend pointed out the Macro feature on the camera. Look at your cameras setting, if you see one that looks like a flower, that is the macro setting. It lets you get closer to the object that you are trying to shoot. I took this pic using the macro mode. I was about 6 or 7 inches away from the subject.

I was using a 2 megapixel camera.
what's up man! I know mine doesn't have a macro, what's a good camera that does have one? All the ones i check out don't say whether or not it has one. Even the $700 ones. the one i have now is only like 1.3 megapixel. i got it from wal-mart

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Sep 26 2003, 05:40 PM
kinda looks like mine. kodak retail around $175, clearence at Office Max for $75. i just found the close up switch. still need practice.
yeah man, they are nice ass little cameras, i wish i still had mine but it got stolen :mad: fuck it, i got me the monster professional shit now playa :puffin:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Sep 26 2003, 04:03 PM
.....my first one was a Kodak DC215 a VERY good camera, small and square with a nice metal body, 2x zoom, macro, red eye reduction.
go on ebay right now there is a couple with "buy it now" for $55
cant beat that, the one i had i payed $300 for it at the time

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Sep 26 2003, 05:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Sep 26 2003, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tonedeaf@Sep 26 2003, 05:40 PM
kinda looks like mine.  kodak retail around $175, clearence at Office Max for $75.  i just found the close up switch.  still need practice.
yeah man, they are nice ass little cameras, i wish i still had mine but it got stolen :mad: fuck it, i got me the monster professional shit now playa :puffin:[/b][/quote]
for that price, i couldn't it pass it by. its not that bad, works for me

shit i cant type today.....fat finger attack

Last edited by tonedeaf at Sep 26 2003, 05:54 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Sep 26 2003, 05:53 PM
for that price, i couldn't it pass it by. its not that bad, works for me

shit i cant type today.....fat finger attack
yeah man, i do alot of modeling photography and stuff (no, not these pieces of plastic, but real women) and i used to use that good old Kodak of mine right there for doing those and it did an EXCELLANT job.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool! thanks, i'll look into it. But i don't want just a camera to start with... i wanna get a good one and be done with it. So would the Kodak be a good 'starter' camera, or will i get it and not want anything else??

Last edited by 1ofaknd at Sep 26 2003, 07:21 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
its a good starter but honestly you might wanna hang on to it. the only drawback on it for me was it only has a 2x zoom but depending on what you need it for it may suite you just fine. its great for around the house or at car shows ect. but its not a long distance zooming cam like the one i have........

see the differance in that and the lense on mine

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Most of my pics where made by using my digital videcamera...it has a phot resolution of 800X600...not much but with a little enhancing in photoshop they look nice.
2 months a go I bought a Minolta F100 camera for $275 it has 4megapixels and it's a great camera! For closeby pictures I use either the macro function or hold a fisheye lens in front of the lens. ;)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 27 2003, 08:30 AM
i found this one for 50, but it says it only has 1 megapixel.

Here is a couple pics from my DC215 before it got stolen to give you an idea of how it does......

indoor object close-up.......

outdoor scenic zoom........

indoor person pic........

like i said, not a bad little camera at all. and you cant beat those current prices either :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts