LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup peoplez i gotta 89 brogham 4 door with a 307 ci i have a very siff spring now but it seems as if it is to stiff is this possible?i have double pumped the front with reds stylin pumps 1 bay of six bats it seems like i cant get the height to climb ,if i hit the switch once it hopps up 6or8 inchs but the highest iv been is about12 or 15 inches no matter how long i keep hoppin i wanna see at least 20 plus coil rate maybe? help guys
:dunno:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Nov 7 2003, 11:23 PM
sup peoplez                                                                                                                                                                                                                               i gotta 89 brogham 4 door with a 307 ci  i have a very siff spring now but it seems as if it is to stiff  is this possible?i have double pumped the front with reds stylin pumps  1 bay of six bats it seems like i cant get the height to climb  ,if i hit the switch  once it hopps up 6or8 inchs  but the highest iv been is about12 or 15 inches no matter how long i keep hoppin i wanna see at least 20 plus coil rate maybe?    help guys
 :dunno:
Answer, yes. Have hit 39'' with my 91 so far this summer. 2 very important factors are indeed the springs (run a full stack for max inches, I use 4 1/2 tons myself) and batteries. The higher the voltage, the bigger the inches. Am running 12 batts @ 72 volts in mine w/ #11 gears to the nose.

Keep in mind, with more inches comes more stress on the car. Dont try to push it too hard unless you have some major reinforcement done to that frame, or you will be asking for trouble.

Good luck! :biggrin:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx 4 the info im running 72 volts to my pumps front and rear all off of one bay i was thinking of adding another 72 volts wired in parallel bring up the cranking amps think it would help any o ya bob what cyl r u running and spring brand i was gonna order pro hopper comp cyl and springs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
its in the springs like homie said cause i have a single pump with six batteries hiting all most 30 with a full stack :cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i used some 3 1/4 ton full stacks on my 91 when i used to swing and i have bull shit cce pumps iwth #9 heads and i got close to 30 if the springs is to big the car wont do shit tru some 3 1/4 ton full stacks and more battarys

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got like 5 ton monsters now i think and it hopps up of the muscle but it dont do nuttin more like 15 inchs with like 3 hits butt i want 30 atleast peace out homies

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Nov 8 2003, 01:01 PM
i got like 5 ton monsters now i think and it hopps up of the muscle but it dont do nuttin more like 15 inchs with like 3 hits butt i want 30 atleast peace out homies
you have way to much spring the car isnt heavy enough to compress the spring get 3 1/4 ton full stacks

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
i have about 4 1/2 coils in the front of my car and they are 3 1/2 ton reds hopping springs with one pump to the front (for now) and i get around 15 inches standing still and when i drive and hop i loose site of the road

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Originally posted by lowcaddy87@Nov 8 2003, 01:59 PM
im wondering what size spring to put in my caddy as well
same thing my boy has the 31/4 in his 2 door caddy hopper and it bumpers with no problem 3 clicks and BAM

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by hoppin91lac+Nov 8 2003, 08:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoppin91lac @ Nov 8 2003, 08:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowcaddy87@Nov 8 2003, 01:59 PM
same thing my boy has the 31/4 in his 2 door caddy hopper and it bumpers with no problem 3 clicks and BAM[/b][/quote]
is he runnen 2 or 3 pumps?

W

·
0 Posts
ok homies

1) try a full stack hi-low blacks/prohopper 4 1/2

2)# 11 too much, is it single or double pump try #9less strain on your batts and eaiser on motors and good pressure

3)tire presure has alot 2 do with your performance what ever u have in the front u must have the same in the rear about 60 to 75 psi

4)batts 72 volts is ok but try 96 or more u will see a big differance but if u go to 96 or more u must do a wireing secret that is fool proof and will save u from going through motors !

hope u take my advice because i did it and hit 40s with 3 pumps to the nose but 1 active the other 2 i tried for pressure differences as atrial thing. :biggrin:

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
the answer to your qurstion is yes

:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Originally posted by droppen98+Nov 8 2003, 11:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (droppen98 @ Nov 8 2003, 11:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 08:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--lowcaddy87
@Nov 8 2003, 01:59 PM

same thing my boy has the 31/4 in his 2 door caddy hopper and it bumpers with no problem 3 clicks and BAM
is he runnen 2 or 3 pumps?[/b][/quote]
2 pumps

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Originally posted by WashCaddy@Nov 8 2003, 11:58 PM
ok homies

1) try a full stack hi-low blacks/prohopper 4 1/2

2)# 11 too much, is it single or double pump try #9less strain on your batts and eaiser on motors and good pressure

3)tire presure has alot 2 do with your performance what ever u have in the front u must have the same in the rear about 60 to 75 psi

4)batts 72 volts is ok but try 96 or more u will see a big differance but if u go to 96 or more u must do a wireing secret that is fool proof and will save u from going through motors !

hope u take my advice because i did it and hit 40s with 3 pumps to the nose but 1 active the other 2 i tried for pressure differences as atrial thing. :biggrin:
um i wouldnt do that

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wus up homies i thought that i would let u all know what i decided to go with cuz u all took time to give me advice thanx yall im going with 4 ton springs and 8 inch comp cyl all pro hopper im happy with the voltage at 72 , i have two reds to the front so i figured it would be good to add another bay of 72 volts more power peace out yall :cool:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ok. My car has a simple set up and im getting close to 30 stopped...
Mach 3 coils #9 gear and know how to hit the switch..
If you have big coils u need more pump power to colapse them MOre batts # 9 gear # 11 has more volume less pressure.. but it works for some pepeol I have better luck w/ #9's the dump is very important to at the very least it has to be an itialian dump..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts