LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The part on the sub where the red and black wire goes into broke off. The only thing holding it on now is the red and black wire that connects to the cone(I think its called). It is a black anodized aluminum frame. Here is a pic of the part i'm talking about where the 2 wires are connected. I'll try get an actual picture of the sub when I get home.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
mtx can recone it...

solder works wonders

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by fleet18@Oct 9 2007, 09:59 PM~8964678
When MTX re-cones a sub, is it as good as new, or do you have to take it easy on the sub?
good as new... a recone pretty much is a swap out of the soft parts... the basket and motor is the same, but cone, spider, coils, etc are all new

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the cone isn't broken. The aluminum frame is broken. The part that is circled in the picture is just hanging on by 2 wires because the black aluminum frame part is broken

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 9 2007, 09:19 PM~8964853
wow, how did you manage that. so the spring terminals are pretty much dangling by the tensil leads? i would like actual pictures if thats possible
Truck was rearended at a red light. The sub weighs like 60 pounds and fell out of the box, so now it is just dangling by the tensil leads. I'll try get pics today and post them.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 9 2007, 09:23 PM~8964911
no way you can reattach the "holdster" for the spring terminals? its completely broken? nothing glue or ... can fix? dont sound like you got a big enough issue to send it in... if it's what i think it is, you should be able to fix it on your own
Yeah thats exactly what it looks like. A holdster. LOL. It slides onto hook thing, but when it broke, the hook part is still in the terminal. The sub thumps pretty hard to I don't know if glue will work. I didn't know if it can be welded or what? Is Gorilla glue stronger than crazy glue? Maybe I'll try glue it back on and see if it holds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by Sporty@Oct 9 2007, 10:10 PM~8964778
good as new... a recone pretty much is a swap out of the soft parts... the basket and motor is the same, but cone, spider, coils, etc are all new
Thanks. I need to get my 15 inch 9500 re-coned and I wanted to get an answer from somebody outside of MTX. Also, does anybody know of a grille that will fit on those sledgehammer boxes so I don't bust another cone?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by fleet18@Oct 11 2007, 09:19 AM~8976008
Thanks.  I need to get my 15 inch 9500 re-coned and I wanted to get an answer from somebody outside of MTX.  Also, does anybody know of a grille that will fit on those sledgehammer boxes so I don't bust another cone?
the 3bar style should work

www.partsexpress.com

why dont u just bolt the box to the floor.... its not that hard

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Oct 11 2007, 03:58 PM~8978538
why dont u just bolt the box to the floor.... its not that hard
The problem isn't that the box moved, but I had a case of Pepsi go through the cone. :( It wasn't even anywhere near the speaker to start. That was the first and the last time something like that goes in that trunk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts