LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I cant find a pianter i am gonna try to do a ghost flame job myself...

This is what I had in mind...I am using a silver base with Kandy Cobalt blue. Can i just use a white base for the flames and a silver base for the rest of the truck?? would that give me a ghost flame look ??

all products are HOK can spray....

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
to do ghost flames, you simply base it...then mask out the flames and spray them with some pearl mixed with intercoat clear.

after your done, the flames will disappear at some angles, and pop out when the light hits it at the right angle. very subtle.

people do it with candy too, but the flames never really disappear at all.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so can I use Kandy blue over the silver base for the whole truck or will it cover?? or do I have to lay a mettalic blue down first before I put the kandy on??

Also will the flames pop out if I use the white base for the flames and silver for the rest of the truck??

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by 86ss1@Aug 14 2005, 10:42 PM~3620622
so can I use Kandy blue over the silver base for the whole truck or will it cover?? or do I have to lay a mettalic blue down first before I put the kandy on??

Also will the flames pop out if I use the white base for the flames and silver for the rest of the truck??
what you do..is lay down the base...then the color(can be candy or whatever)...then mask your flames, spray the pearl mixed with clear as your flames...then clear over everything.

using two different basecoats is not how you do ghost flames.

IF you wanted to use candy for this effect. all you would do is spray the base, then mask out the flames and spray a coat of candy, then remove the flame mask, and spray the rest of the candy(however many coats until you like it) this method doesn't give you a true ghost effect though.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
GREEN BASE WITH GREEN PEARL FLAMES. I USED THE PAINT MASKS FROM RPP HOBBY.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by 308 impala@Aug 15 2005, 05:54 PM~3628441
hahah shit when do they APPEAR!? hahah lmao but seriously i can't see them
it's hard to take pics of paint like that...but they are there in person. but not as ghostly as if you were to do a proper ghost flame

1 - 10 of 10 Posts